Need some help/hope

542thruNthru

You'll be fine man. Contact your BA and he/she will coach you through it.

Lesson learned though. This company is always looking to screw you some how so keep that in mind with everything you do.

Good luck brother and congratulations on your first kid.

WannaBeFeeder

Yeah, and the funny thing is, I wasn’t stealing time. already did my meal and break, so no matter how that hour That I’m doing nothing until the jets get down is coded, wether I’m in the gateway or 500 feet away, I’m still getting paid either way.

That’s the part that doesn’t make sense to me. Like, did they actually want me to do something and instead of The airport calling me, or management seeing I was 500 feet away, instead of management giving me a warning (verbal or written) or someone saying “hey!! Don’t do that part there, go INSIDE the gate and code it there”, they went straight to fired. Makes me sense. Only thing that does is someone higher up has something against me.
Figured. Sounds like Great Lakes where they give AF too much, unlike Toledo where u can get away with murder. How long have you been doing this ?

memer921

Figured. Sounds like Great Lakes where they give AF too much, unlike Toledo where u can get away with murder. How long have you been doing this ?
I got the run in April, and I wanna say around end august, I settled into doing it this way after having issues with airport bothering me on my break.

memer921

And no one ever said it was an issue, no one talked to me, one of my sups is say he supposedly told me not to do it that way, but I do not remember that at all.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Article 37 is sup working in 705?
No, I :censored2:ed up.
IMG_20201112_135601323.jpg

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
“ The employer agrees that the function of supervisors is the supervision of employees and not the performance of the work of the employees they supervise“, what exactly is that supposed to mean? Seems loosely worded, but I think that’s what you’re trying to point out?
Means they are your supposed to be your platonic babysitter. to ensure quality control. Make sure you are safe and if you need anything to perform the job.

quad decade guy

View attachment 317193
Any electronic means of tracking cannot be used in any part of a determination for discharge. Says it right in the contract.
And I definitely wasn’t trying to defraud the company. Was not making any more money then if I were simply 500 feet elsewhere. Which in the future I know what to do. Just wish someone had printed out that what I was doing was an issue. Honestly didn’t think it was since I was AT the airport.
Ok. Says who? So, why are you sitting on your thumb at home? Outside looking in? Seems like they have some sort of evidence? Used what for that. With all respect, just because it's in writing, doesn't mean it won't happen. See? Those statements are vague enough that they can be used with wide latitude. I understand why you did what you did. They don't like you and you shrugging them off from where you are not supposed to be(technically). Dishonesty(theft of time)(less than accurate statements)(whatever).......is why you don't have a job right now in their minds. I know of many, many kinds of these cases. The outcome is never certain. That's guaranteed. You fixed the pestering business all right. Fixed em good. Showed em. Learn from this. Good hunting.

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
Do you really believe that?

The more I sit here and think about it all, the more I honestly get worried. I’ve never been in this situation before.
Appreciate your response’s

Enjoy your paid time off. The sooner you realize you'll be back, the sooner you'll be able to enjoy your vacation. You're going to be back with back pay, watch it happen.

memer921

Ok. Says who? So, why are you sitting on your thumb at home? Outside looking in? Seems like they have some sort of evidence? Used what for that. With all respect, just because it's in writing, doesn't mean it won't happen. See? Those statements are vague enough that they can be used with wide latitude. I understand why you did what you did. They don't like you and you shrugging them off from where you are not supposed to be(technically). Dishonesty(theft of time)(less than accurate statements)(whatever).......is why you don't have a job right now in their minds. I know of many, many kinds of these cases. The outcome is never certain. That's guaranteed. You fixed the pestering business all right. Fixed em good. Showed em. Learn from this. Good hunting.
Not sure the exact point of what you said. Kinda all over the place.

I was NOT trying to stick anything to them. Wasn’t trying to “show” them anything. I was running my run in a way I thought was okay. Pretty much the exact same as the guy before me who had the run. Only difference was where I was taking my break. Especially since I had no idea it was an issue. Apparently it wasn’t an issue when he did it.

the only “evidence” they have is the gps tracking on the truck, and hand written times on a piece of paper that is written by guards that aren’t even employed by UPS. It’s an outside security guard company. And according to the contract, GPS tracking is not supposed to be used for discharge or disciplinary actions.

purehavanne

I had to sit out a couple weeks on trumped up charges. I knew it was BS but yeah the thought of losing your main income is a lot of stress.

the guy covering my route was failing so miserably. On the day I got reinstated they asked me if I could go out on road that day LOL (it was 2pm.) I said I’ll see you tomorrow.