Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No pictures PLEASE.

YEA!!!!! Check it out!!!!

th

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
If he signs up for FMLA he can take it off if they like it or not
really want to sign up for FMLA for one week? i was on FMLA for 3 months. all the paperwork and BS is not worth it for 1 week unless this driver is going to need more time off.

he would be better off rescheduling the surgery for the 2 weeks he has off in June. you may be right though. not sure what the recovery time is for this type of surgery.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
really want to sign up for FMLA for one week? i was on FMLA for 3 months. all the paperwork and BS is not worth it for 1 week unless this driver is going to need more time off.

he would be better off rescheduling the surgery for the 2 weeks he has off in June. you may be right though. not sure what the recovery time is for this type of surgery.
What paperwork? It's a call to HR.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
My husband is the UPS driver. I ended up with a torn meniscus. Surgery is in the near future. Just got to work out details on this.

My husband will need to take the week off that I'm having surgery. Kids will need to get to and from school and I won't be driving for a while since it's my right leg. I really DO NOT want my mother in law coming over to help me.

What do we have to do so he can use (or move) a vacation week to the week I have surgery. Or should I just wait and do the surgery when his vacation comes up the last 2 weeks of June.
Tell him to sign up for FMLH. He can take off whenever is needed then.

happybob

Feeders
Maybe you shouldn't give advice when your last experience was when Monica Lewinsky was slobbering over Bill's Washington monument
You sir are an :censored2:. I recently had to apply for FLMA and there is still plenty of paperwork to fill out. It STARTS with a call or visit with your local HR. After that your local HR will give you the number to call to get the FMLA process started. Yes there is still paperwork sent to you that you fill out, and more paperwork for your doctor to fill out. If you have filed for FMLA in your area and it's easy peezy then they should change the process and make it standard nation wide.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You sir are an :censored2:. I recently had to apply for FLMA and there is still plenty of paperwork to fill out. It STARTS with a call or visit with your local HR. After that your local HR will give you the number to call to get the FMLA process started. Yes there is still paperwork sent to you that you fill out, and more paperwork for your doctor to fill out. If you have filed for FMLA in your area and it's easy peezy then they should change the process and make it standard nation wide.
Just put a guy on FMLA last week because his wife was having a baby.

Me:Hi need to put <insert driver name> on FMLA since his wife is having a baby.
HR:What's his employee ID and start date and anticipated return?
Me:1234567 start date today, anticipated return May 23rd.
HR:Are you able to confirm his leave is legitimate?
Me:Yes.
HR:Okay he is all set.
*Click*

happybob

Feeders

*Click*
Then why cant they make that the process nationwide? Yes, after my call I was approved for the start of my FMLA, contingent on my returning the paperwork they mailed me.

Retiree

*Click*
That is how it use to work. Now, only the HRSC can correctly put someone out on FMLA. And there is quite a bit of paperwork that has to be completed, both by the employee and medical provider

happybob

Feeders
email is quicker..
You are right. It was emailed to me, not mailed, and I was able to fax the completed forms back to the HR office handling it. Then three more emails with further questions of why, how, when, missing information from the doctors office etc...Ultimately it was approved and I'm able to use the time off I need on an as need basis.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Is that why your ex left you? You made her hobble around in pain for over a month because you didn't want to do the right thing? A torn meniscus isn't a hang nail.
Actually it kind of is the hang nail of the knee ligaments. It's very minor surgery. Should be walking in a day or two tops.