Nepotism at it's finest

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
We've hired a new driver in my center who happens to be the son of a big wig in IE. This guy since he has started has had his Orion changed and tweaked daily on his training route. His truck is loaded stop for stop perfectly with no exceptions. His dad is in our center every morning and after he gets back working on all these things to ensure he makes it. He even went as far as delivering 25 stops out of his personal vehicle this last Monday because his son was behind. I realize that's it's own separate issue. Now the rest of us cannot get this type of treatment much less even get IE to come fix our Orion issues without an act of God helping us out. Is there anything I can file to stop this? One it's wrong on so many levels and two he is setting this kid up for failure when he enters the real world of driving for UPS. We've asked him to fix our things but never does. I've spoken to management about it and my union steward is one foot out the door to retirement soon so he's no help. Central states supplemetal and local 135. If there is nothing I can do then do be it but I'm hopeful there is.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
We've hired a new driver in my center who happens to be the son of a big wig in IE. This guy since he has started has had his Orion changed and tweaked daily on his training route. His truck is loaded stop for stop perfectly with no exceptions. His dad is in our center every morning and after he gets back working on all these things to ensure he makes it. He even went as far as delivering 25 stops out of his personal vehicle this last Monday because his son was behind. I realize that's it's own separate issue. Now the rest of us cannot get this type of treatment much less even get IE to come fix our Orion issues without an act of God helping us out. Is there anything I can file to stop this? One it's wrong on so many levels and two he is setting this kid up for failure when he enters the real world of driving for UPS. We've asked him to fix our things but never does. I've spoken to management about it and my union steward is one foot out the door to retirement soon so he's no help. Central states supplemetal and local 135. If there is nothing I can do then do be it but I'm hopeful there is.
Trolls need love too! :love-very:

542thruNthru

There is no such thing as a big wig in IE. I mean hell look at @FrigidFTSup

Superteeth2478

Just tell them to pound sand if they give you or anyone else crap about being overallowed and stuff. Tell them that your dad isn't the "IE big wig" and that you don't get special treatment that makes it look like you're doing okay when you're not, so they can suck a bag of rocks.

rebel87

Sounds like East center.

A

Article 3

IF the newbie is qualified as a permanent hire they've set the standard for future drivers who try to qualify if you've documented the issue well.
"Bring your Dad to work day" sounds fun.
Just stand back and watch the handicapped newbie fail over and over in the future. It's not your problem. The company owns him now and when the newbie gets bumped on to multiple blind routes the handicap will then become the hemorrhoid.