Nepotism?

steeltoe

Seriously, can anyone help here? I have a sitiuation where I believe nepotism is occuring and need policy to back it up. Any help would be appreciated.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Call the hotline number and describe the situation to them and ask them for their guidance. This is a confidential phone call with absolutely no repurcussions to you for making the call or providing the information. I would advise that you sit down with your center manager and discuss this but it sounds to me like this situation involves a mgt person favoring either a fellow mgr or an hourly so this may not be your best course of action.

upsdude

Seriously, can anyone help here? I have a sitiuation where I believe nepotism is occuring and need policy to back it up. Any help would be appreciated.

Upstate gave you very good advice in the post below yours.

I'm guessing you're hourly, call the hotline.

steeltoe

Call the hotline number and describe the situation to them and ask them for their guidance. This is a confidential phone call with absolutely no repurcussions to you for making the call or providing the information. I would advise that you sit down with your center manager and discuss this but it sounds to me like this situation involves a mgt person favoring either a fellow mgr or an hourly so this may not be your best course of action.

Thanks for the advice. My problem is that I need it in writing. I would believe that to have it in writing would be the best before I spoke with anyone about it. I do not want to accuse someone of something if it is not against company policy.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Go to UPSers.com. In the "Our Company" section you will find the "policy book". Didn't read through it myself but figure you might find something helpful there. Give it a shot and good luck.

BrownSuit

Thanks for the advice. My problem is that I need it in writing. I would believe that to have it in writing would be the best before I spoke with anyone about it. I do not want to accuse someone of something if it is not against company policy.

Goto UPSers or consult your own policy book that you should have received upon hire.

It's going to be under the section Our People, with the headline "We limit the hiring of relatives".

feeder53

ADKtrails
After a close inspection of why I feel there is a problem, and eliminating any part of the problem I may have created, I would bring it up to the person in question honestly and try to work it out

DS

Fenderbender
I got the NEPO-DEPOT they help find employment for people that were terminated for empowering thier nephews.I love google~