Never change, Fred

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Classic case of the way FedEx works. Once you're injured, you are targeted for elimination. Long-term employee, short-term employee...makes no difference. FedEx has done the math and figures it's cheaper to treat people like this instead of doing the right thing and letting them recover.

A former Ops Manager of mine had rotator cuff surgery and had to come to work basically stoned on pain meds to keep her job. PT/rehab had not gone well, and they had to go back in, put her out, and manipulate the shoulder. You'd pass out from the pain, so they put you under.

She would sit in her dark office, wearing sunglasses, completely incapable of doing anything, just to keep her job. Her husband dropped her off and picked her up for 2 weeks until she was finally semi-coherent.

I hope this guy wins a wad of money, but it's a long, hard road against Team FedEx. HR and Legal work together with management to ensure you fail. This is why you lawyer-up at the start. Most attorneys are very familiar with FedEx practices, and you probably won't have too many issues finding one that will take your case on a contingency basis.

FedEx does NOT care, and this has happened to literally thousands of very good employees. If you think your X years of dedicated service mean anything, think again, because it's all about the Benjamins for Fred.

You get hurt, they don't want you. That's why so many injuries go unreported and injury rate "improvements" are such a joke. People still get injured, but they're smart enough to not report them.

Beware, and be smart. I await Dano's lies.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Classic case of the way FedEx works. Once you're injured, you are targeted for elimination. Long-term employee, short-term employee...makes no difference. FedEx has done the math and figures it's cheaper to treat people like this instead of doing the right thing and letting them recover.

A former Ops Manager of mine had rotator cuff surgery and had to come to work basically stoned on pain meds to keep her job. PT/rehab had not gone well, and they had to go back in, put her out, and manipulate the shoulder. You'd pass out from the pain, so they put you under.

She would sit in her dark office, wearing sunglasses, completely incapable of doing anything, just to keep her job. Her husband dropped her off and picked her up for 2 weeks until she was finally semi-coherent.

I hope this guy wins a wad of money, but it's a long, hard road against Team FedEx. HR and Legal work together with management to ensure you fail. This is why you lawyer-up at the start. Most attorneys are very familiar with FedEx practices, and you probably won't have too many issues finding one that will take your case on a contingency basis.

FedEx does NOT care, and this has happened to literally thousands of very good employees. If you think your X years of dedicated service mean anything, think again, because it's all about the Benjamins for Fred.

You get hurt, they don't want you. That's why so many injuries go unreported and injury rate "improvements" are such a joke. People still get injured, but they're smart enough to not report them.

Beware, and be smart. I await Dano's lies.

I appreciate your histrionic response that declares the case valid after hearing one side of it. And LOL @ "this has happened to literally thousands" of others.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I appreciate your histrionic response that declares the case valid after hearing one side of it. And LOL @ "this has happened to literally thousands" of others.

Sure, it's one side, for now. And, yes, thousands of employees have been screwed over in similar fashion. I know dozens, in person. Extrapolate that out to the entire system. Better yet, look up a few lawsuits against FedEx for wrongful termination due to injury.

There are many. You already know that.

59 Dano

Sure, it's one side, for now. And, yes, thousands of employees have been screwed over in similar fashion. I know dozens, in person. Extrapolate that out to the entire system. Better yet, look up a few lawsuits against FedEx for wrongful termination due to injury.

There are many. You already know that.

The outcomes overwhelmingly favor the company.

You already know that.

59 Dano

I do. That's why I post the truth about the way Fred works. People like you make it happen, and that's something you should probably talk to your pastor about.

You asked me to look up all the wrongful termination lawsuits against FedEx, I did, and saw that they were found by the court system to be mostly without merit.

To any reasonable person, if most of these claims are found to be without merit, then perhaps the company isn't screwing these folks over like you say it is.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You asked me to look up all the wrongful termination lawsuits against FedEx, I did, and saw that they were found by the court system to be mostly without merit.

To any reasonable person, if most of these claims are found to be without merit, then perhaps the company isn't screwing these folks over like you say it is.

Sure, you did. Most are settled out of court, and it's only the really big ones that make the news. FedEx absolutely screws employees all the time, but they hold a winning hand in most cases because the GFT system is rigged and employment is "at will".

The fact that you come on here and lie like a rug shows your complicity. As a self-proclaimed "Christian", you should be ashamed of being a part of it, and almost all managers are because failure to participate will cost YOU your job.

Lie on, Shill Boy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

XEQaF

most managers a spineless bobbleheads not willing to speak their mind because of the fear that they are easily replaced. Most of them aren't educated so it's understandable that they be good sheep and take orders from above

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

most managers a spineless bobbleheads not willing to speak their mind because of the fear that they are easily replaced. Most of them aren't educated so it's understandable that they be good sheep and take orders from above

....yet they are educated enough to be telling you what to do....

59 Dano

Sure, you did. Most are settled out of court

"Go look up the lawsuits."

OK. FedEx wins most of them.

"Oh. Uh, well... Well most of them are settled out of court."

The fact that you come on here and lie like a rug shows your complicity. As a self-proclaimed "Christian", you should be ashamed of being a part of it, and almost all managers are because failure to participate will cost YOU your job.

Lie on, Shill Boy.

Being a Christian should preclude one from working at FedEx? Dang. Stretching a bit there, aren't we?