Never Return to work

25TOLIFE

20% is not bad-----it is usually closer to 33%.

20% of final settlement and two times at seperate comp hearings they were able to get me retroactive underpayment of bi weekly benefits when liberty was trying to play games with my percentage of loss in the very beginning of my case they took a very small piece of that. Maybe $750 in total until case settled.

JJinVA

So I got bombarded by boxes in the back of my truck with a load of 1200+ that were floor to ceiling in August. I have been out of work with a shoulder injury that is not getting better and was told my maximum ability is 15lbs with my left arm and I can not go back to work ever. Liberty Mutual of course said they are gonna work on a settlement, but what should I expect. I mean it’s life changing with any job I may go to and it could continue to get worse over time. Complex Regional Pain Syndrome is what they call it. Any thoughts?

yeah. Don't get caught off guard doing physical activities outside ever again. Insurance claims usually result in insurance companies hiring periodic private investigators to take pictures of ppl doing physical things inorder to prove insurance fraud. If you're outside, better not be changing a tire or taking out the trash.

s berry

I had a similar injury. Went out on comp not knowing my shoulder was a career ending injury. Liberty threw low buyout offers around $125k. It took me 5 years to settle. I retired way before my case settled and collected my pension and full workmans comp until I signed off on their offer. Settled for more than double what they offered and another $150k in a managed health fund for future treatment. They harassed me the entire time forcing me to go job hunting and setting up interviews in the beginning but it will shift in your favor, at least it did in mine. Get a good lawyer and get what you deserve. I've had many issues with my shoulder since and I would have much rather not had the injury and worked another 4 years or so. If you settle without a good comp lawyer you WILL be taken advantage of.
you legally can not collect pension and wkrs comp at same time,so,if you did, i would quit advertising it here! like i say, if you did, good for you!

quad decade guy

yeah. Don't get caught off guard doing physical activities outside ever again. Insurance claims usually result in insurance companies hiring periodic private investigators to take pictures of ppl doing physical things inorder to prove insurance fraud. If you're outside, better not be changing a tire or taking out the trash.
So, can the guy still "function" or not. I guess I don't understand the if then, so ultimates. You can't take out the trash anymore? Or he's not "that hurt".....Serious questions.

over9five

Staff member
The company did this to a friend of mine. Caught him outside shooting hoops.
The judge threw it out tho. Said any man would take 2 throws with his kids.
Two hoop shots, that was their case...