New board software

over9five

Staff member
upload_2013-11-30_16-11-54.jpeg

oldstagg

I like the option to follow people you find interesting. how does the ignore feature work. Do you not see their posts at all?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I like the option to follow people you find interesting. how does the ignore feature work. Do you not see their posts at all?
I just tried it for the first time after reading your question.

I ignored you and reloaded the page and your post disappeared. Then I unignored you and reloaded the page and your post was displayed again.

oldngray

nowhere special
Cheryl are you still tweaking the background color? It seemed too light a couple of hours ago but looks good to me now.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I'm just fumbling around trying to fix the contrast issues between the text and the background so that it's easier to read. After looking at the forum it on my phone last night the background color seemed too dark, so I made it a little lighter. When I looked at it this morning from my laptop the background color seemed way too light.

:deletesmiley2:

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
I'm just fumbling around trying to fix the contrast issues between the text and the background so that it's easier to read. After looking at the forum it on my phone last night the background color seemed too dark, so I made it a little lighter. When I looked at it this morning from my laptop the background color seemed way too light.

:deletesmiley2:
This is the old forums background color.

#c7b995
Untitled-1.jpg

Looks the same to me.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Will this software support animated gifs and 110x110 avatars at some point? We are missing some of AJ's attributes and you appear to be stuck in your box.

Old avatar size.
110.png
New avatar size.
90.png

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
This is the old forums background color.

#c7b995
View attachment 10619

Looks the same to me.
Yep, Last night I made it lighter then this morning I switched it back to the background color we used to have.

There still doesn't seem to be enough contrast when I look at this from my phone though but on any of our laptops it looks fine. I think it may be that the phone is trying to adjust the brightness of the display to the surrounding light level. That function is more annoying than it is helpful in this situation.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Will this software support animated gifs and 110x110 avatars at some point? We are missing some of AJ's attributes and you appear to be stuck in your box.

Old avatar size. View attachment 10620 New avatar size. View attachment 10621
I did a template edit and added some css suggested by someone that actually knows how to do those things. The avatars should display at 110 wide now. The height is set to auto.

As far as the animated gifs they seem to work on profile pages but not threads. I'll have to look for a fix for that.