New Bostrom Feeder seat

over9five

Staff member
CHSP? Is that safety committee? Union doesn't allow that here, and Im pretty sure anyone with any seniority wouldnt participate if they did.

Brown Now

CHSP? Is that safety committee? Union doesn't allow that here, and Im pretty sure anyone with any seniority wouldnt participate if they did.
Union has no say so. It’s a mandated agreement between UPS and OSHA. Well, lemmings will be lemmings. We get a lot of crap resolved here.

ManInBrown

You can see the original equipment seat on passenger side.

View attachment 256442 View attachment 256440 View attachment 256441

Has anyone had any of the newly designed Bostrom seats installed at their location? The drivers at CACH are pushing back on these, but according to Automotive, they’ve been in the system for over a year now in other parts of the country with no complaints.

They’re 2-2 1/2 inches shorter in the leg then the original seats and you just can’t get comfortable in them. It feels like you’re sliding out of the seat and you keep pushing yourself back. Bostrom redesigned per corporate and are made of a more durable fabric. They carry the exact same part number as the old seat, but have been redesigned.
New seat? Lol. We dont even have coolant in my building

Lots of miles . We are bombarded with off the street hires and they complain about EVERYTHING and it gets annoying just hearing it .

I don't do that many miles do maybe a slightly shorter seat does make a difference in your case . Much love !
Maybe some of the complaints have some knowledge behind them. The seats are terrible and suspension on them is bad.

That's why I love peak I'll grab a rental over a brown for this reason. Oh and have two arm rests.

If I have a brown I'm bring my seat pad with me. UPS wake up talk to national about making the new seats.

ManInBrown

I forget what make tractor but i have used one where you felt like you were sliding off every time you turned. Real PITA. It might have been a 272 Mack. As someone else said you can adjust the pitch upwards but thats kind of uncomfortable ride also, but it will help take away the feeling of you sliding off. For my money the new twin screw KWs far and away have the most comfortable seat. Ive always hated all the Mack seats. The 272 and 274 are terrible. The 278 slightly better.

ManInBrown

Maybe some of the complaints have some knowledge behind them. The seats are terrible and suspension on them is bad.

That's why I love peak I'll grab a rental over a brown for this reason. Oh and have two arm rests.

If I have a brown I'm bring my seat pad with me. UPS wake up talk to national about making the new seats.
I absolutely hate everything about rentals. I’ll drive a 265 International over a rental.

over9five

Staff member
Even back when we had a safety committee, it was "staffed" with all the low seniority brown-nosers.
No one with any seniority (or self respect) would do it.

ManInBrown

Even back when we had a safety committee, it was "staffed" with all the low seniority brown-nosers.
No one with any seniority (or self respect) would do it.
Agree. In package all our safety commitee drivers were kiss ass runner gunners. Our safety driver in feeders means no harm but hes also not well liked.

ManInBrown

Pretty sure I was told that by our mechanic and other drivers, but can't find it anywhere. I know that if there was no a/c some nights in the rain I'd have to park it due to the windows fogging up.
We have a ton of old Sterlings with no AC. You cant red tag them for that. You can drive around and shop them, and ten minutes later a mechanic will drive them back to the feeder office and another driver will use it. Its a big battle here in the summer and most just use them with no AC. Im also pretty sure the dot rule is if you drive across state lines. Not if you stay in state.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Has anyone had any of the newly designed Bostrom seats installed at their location? The drivers at CACH are pushing back on these, but according to Automotive, they’ve been in the system for over a year now in other parts of the country with no complaints.

They’re 2-2 1/2 inches shorter in the leg then the original seats and you just can’t get comfortable in them. It feels like you’re sliding out of the seat and you keep pushing yourself back. Bostrom redesigned per corporate and are made of a more durable fabric. They carry the exact same part number as the old seat, but have been redesigned.

D4C75F01-6CD5-4280-8841-77E117FD4DD8.png

Could be worse