New Bostrom Feeder seat

Alexcross774

Spinning my wheels.
Yup. If the A/C's not working we red tag the tractor til it gets fixed.
Couple things: Not a DOT requirement. But the fan motor must work and be able to blow on the defrost setting (windshield).
Also, you probably can refuse to drive it based on the contract.

Bottom line, there will be sometimes we can't have the A/C fixed right at that moment, and we are not going to red tag the unit for A/C. However, we should make every effort to keep them working, especially in weather like this. Buy parts locally if needed, just get it working...

upload_2019-7-21_12-20-29.png

ManInBrown

Couple things: Not a DOT requirement. But the fan motor must work and be able to blow on the defrost setting (windshield).
Also, you probably can refuse to drive it based on the contract.

Bottom line, there will be sometimes we can't have the A/C fixed right at that moment, and we are not going to red tag the unit for A/C. However, we should make every effort to keep them working, especially in weather like this. Buy parts locally if needed, just get it working...

View attachment 256500
Buy parts locally. Lol. The mechanics in my building cant even get gloves, and they have no coolant. Im sure the person in charge of that department is running to go buy parts locally.

The new seat needs to be redesigned on the right rear side. If I do not have the right armrest down, I am literally sliding off the seat on the right while shifting. This has caused problems with my lower back. A $45,000 lost time injury or a better design $550 seat. Management you decide

Johney

The new seat needs to be redesigned on the right rear side. If I do not have the right armrest down, I am literally sliding off the seat on the right while shifting. This has caused problems with my lower back. A $45,000 lost time injury or a better design $550 seat. Management you decide
Good luck trying to claim comp on that. They would fight you tooth and nail. Not saying it's not legit, but having dealt with comp claims before, good luck.

govols019

You smell that?
We have a ton of old Sterlings with no AC. You cant red tag them for that. You can drive around and shop them, and ten minutes later a mechanic will drive them back to the feeder office and another driver will use it. Its a big battle here in the summer and most just use them with no AC. Im also pretty sure the dot rule is if you drive across state lines. Not if you stay in state.

The contract says we have A/C in all road tractors....I get one with no A/C and it's getting red tagged.

I work out of an extended center and the shop has, more than once, towed a tractor from our center back to the hub for non working A/C.

ManInBrown

The contract says we have A/C in all road tractors....I get one with no A/C and it's getting red tagged.

I work out of an extended center and the shop has, more than once, towed a tractor from our center back to the hub for non working A/C.
Must be nice. Doesnt work like that here.

Must be nice. Doesnt work like that here.
The on road sups straight from Chicago are trained on the incab inspection to check a/c and heat aswell as all blower levels.

Deadline it. If they put it back in ready line tell them no a/c it's not fixed. Document it. If they force to take make sure the dispatcher is aware you're going to greive it and deadline it after your done.

The contract is clear as day. Start filling out those pink things

Brown Now

Even back when we had a safety committee, it was "staffed" with all the low seniority brown-nosers.
No one with any seniority (or self respect) would do it.
You guys crack me up! “No one with any seniority or self respect”, really? How about getting out of your comfort zone and growing a set!

Some, mind you some, talk smack like that all day, but won’t do a damn thing to try to resolve anything . Step up to the plate and get things resolved,if not for yourself, then your fellow drivers!

Don’t know what building you’re out of, but CACH has 900 Feeder drivers domiciled here, and two different and very strong locals 705/710. Most of the CHSP members on both sides are Circle of Honor guys with booku years in.

This building gets it done period! If you CHSP committee is that bad, move to have them removed. If you don’t have one, why? It’s mandatory between OSHA and UPS. Get out of your “it’s all about me” comfort zone and start getting safety related issues resolved for your fellow brothers and sisters. If that’s still too much for you and it’s a big joke, well, FedEx and XPO are looking for drivers. Cheers!

siouxman

siouxman
You can see the original equipment seat on passenger side.

View attachment 256442 View attachment 256440 View attachment 256441

Has anyone had any of the newly designed Bostrom seats installed at their location? The drivers at CACH are pushing back on these, but according to Automotive, they’ve been in the system for over a year now in other parts of the country with no complaints.

They’re 2-2 1/2 inches shorter in the leg then the original seats and you just can’t get comfortable in them. It feels like you’re sliding out of the seat and you keep pushing yourself back. Bostrom redesigned per corporate and are made of a more durable fabric. They carry the exact same part number as the old seat, but have been redesigned.
I believe I have that seat in my tractor and in my opion it's a bad seat.There is not enough adjustments on them. The seat frame gets loose after use and it makes the butt cushion move.I have already replaced the bottom cushion. The angle of the bottom cushion makes it uncomfortable for me so I have been trying different seat cushions. If any one can suggest a good cushion that would be great.You can adjust the angle of the seat cushion but it doesn't adjust enough.