New commercials

30andout

Anyone seen the new UPS commercials? They showed them to us today and I think they took cost cutting to the limit. The guy doing them should be paying Ups, not getting paid by them. Anyone else have an opinion?

local804

Yes, UPS is spending 35 million dollars in an advertising campain. Now I understand why my pension has to be cut 30% till I retire.

I just hope its better than what can brown do for you or the tightest ship in the shipping business. Now that I think of it, the brown to the bone song was pretty gay too.

Oh well, Enjoy your weekend guys.
We all deserved it!

EAM_Master

Part-Time'er for Life!
I just hope its better than what can brown do for you or the tightest ship in the shipping business. Now that I think of it, the brown to the bone song was pretty gay too.

yeah it was. Ever since they introduced "What can brown do for you" I hear it about 10 times a day. Even my friends who know I work for UPS will say it! Drives me freakin' crazy!!!!

Or Nascar.....Ever since UPS started sponsoring it everyone just assumes you're a Dale Jarret fan. Or "When are you gonna race the truck?" If I had a dollar for every time I heard that............

rod

Retired 22 years
It's one thing to talk the talk about service but what really matters is if you can walk the walk. Unfortunately to me it seems like the service part is getting left by the wayside. I don't see anybody becoming glued to the boob tube to watch these commercials.

dammor

Anyone seen the new UPS commercials? They showed them to us today and I think they took cost cutting to the limit. The guy doing them should be paying Ups, not getting paid by them. Anyone else have an opinion?

I agree, they were boring as hell. People remember what makes them laugh or touches them in some way. I didn't laugh and I was not touched.

Sometimes I feel as if I am riding a psychotic horse towards a burning stable........

satellitedriver

I never get to see any UPS commercials I get home to late.

Keepingthemhonest

Bring'n sexy back
ROFL it's on upsers...atleast now I know what our company does...I thought we moved boxes but I guess we actually make elementary drawnings and play games woot!

Ms Spoken

JMO But don't you think this guy in the commercial needs a haircut? Not UPS standards hahaha... So at the next big game everyone will leave for a food break because the UPS commercial will put you to sleep. :tongue_sm

30andout

JMO But don't you think this guy in the commercial needs a haircut? Not UPS standards hahaha... So at the next big game everyone will leave for a food break because the UPS commercial will put you to sleep. :tongue_sm
Ya he needs a haircut, but he doesn't really work for UPS. He is obviously an over paid professional, you can tell by how long it took him to draw those picks, my 8 year old could do better, and for free.:cool:

sendagain

So you tell us what we already know and offer no insight at all into what UPS does that's surprising or interesting. Oh great, you guys are geniuses.

Megansman

The commercials are geared for shippers -- not drivers and pre-loaders. I still hold some hope that someone in Atlanta test marketed these commercials to see if they resonated with those that make shipping decisions. Too often we see just Harry, the guy at the dock who weighs the stuff, prints the label, and talks about his weekend. He has no control over which carrier Algamated Widgets uses and probably could care two shakes of a pallet if its you or the fred guy.

BadHABITS

I don't like the new ads either...

Check out many of the old advertisements/slogans from around the globe... UPS. Celebrating 100 Years of Service.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Haven't seen the ads yet, but I have always questioned how some of the most uncreative people get into the ad business. There are, of course, some exceptions but a lot of ads are mindless and generic.

One of the most imaginative campaigns has been for Target. They have imprinted that 'red bullseye' so deep in our brain that they don't even show the word "Target" on their commercials anymore. That's marketing! IMO.

traveler

Where next? Venice
Haven't seen the ads yet, but I have always questioned how some of the most uncreative people get into the ad business. There are, of course, some exceptions but a lot of ads are mindless and generic.

One of the most imaginative campaigns has been for Target. They have imprinted that 'red bullseye' so deep in our brain that they don't even show the word "Target" on their commercials anymore. That's marketing! IMO.

How right you are, moreluck. I'll bet UPS is paying their ad agency just as much as the Target folks are paying theirs. If not, they should be.

Ouch! :censored2:

mazula

I LOVE the new commercials. The guy is very cute and likeable. They are understated and simple yet interesting. Plus the new website rocks. Very easy to navigate and it feels like you are having a conversation with a down-to-earth person.

D

dave@themarket

The new commercials are real channel changers for me. The "seminar leader" has absolute o in the "listenability" (probably not a word) department. UPS can and should do better. Our business uses UPS extensively and this is way beneath their reputation for quality. The guy almost seems to talk down to and insult the viewer/listener/ prospect. Please save your money and reduce my fees accordingly.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
We got to see the new commercials yesterday while we waited for the air. We got to watch the 100 Year video too. There was mixed reviews to the commercials. I know my wife had positive comments about them on Sunday nite when she saw them for the first time!

happyboy

I kinda like them. I like to watch the guy make the drawings of whatever he happens to be talking about , I also like the fact that he has longer hair