New Congress

bbsam

Staff member
I will be interested to see what happens with actual House oversight. The president has got to be nervous to think that Nunez will no longer be running interference.

bacha29

I will be interested to see what happens with actual House oversight. The president has got to be nervous to think that Nunez will no longer be running interference.
Indeed. What the Democrat controlled House will being doing to Trump is exactly the same thing the GOP controlled House did to Clinton.As a result the GOP will be in no position to cry "foul" especially if they launch into more of their "whataboutisms" when it comes to the Clinton investigation.

vantexan

There are forces outside the control of the ACA that are drivers of increased costs. Costs associated with the development of new forms of treatment as well as uncompensated care are among them along with a growing population as well. These are just a few among many factors that are cost drivers over which the ACA has no control .
The single biggest factor in the rise in premiums was forcing insurance companies to cover preexisting conditions. They have to pay for it somehow and still make a profit to stay in business.

newfie

if there was something to be found and leaked it would have happened already .

bacha29

The single biggest factor in the rise in premiums was forcing insurance companies to cover preexisting conditions. They have to pay for it somehow and still make a profit to stay in business.
Your diabetes is a preexisting condition. Now when you return will you expect the healthcare system to provide treatment for your diabetes and if so how will it be payed for?

vantexan

Your diabetes is a preexisting condition. Now when you return will you expect the healthcare system to provide treatment for your diabetes and if so how will it be payed for?
I've been in the country for two months now. I already got coverage at work that allows me to see a doctor and get prescriptions for meds and insulin. Anyone can get treatment for that anywhere. But I shouldn't expect them to provide hundreds of thousands of dollars in treatment for anything just because I signed up. Multiply that by many thousands of people and you soon are bankrupting the insurance companies. And if government takes over as the single payer you're soon bankrupting the government. Sometimes you just have to face harsh realities.

bacha29

if there was something to be found and leaked it would have happened already .
One thing we won't see is Devon Nunes running back and forth from the WH armed with new instructions from the Trump administration. And since he will no longer be in a position to stop any further investigation we will have an opportunity to see how he and his fellow GOP congressman respond . if what is uncovered is highly incriminating Nunes himself my be subject to investigation regarding possible obstruction of justice. Remember the old saying......"Payback's a bitch".