New contract - any chance of transfers?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I know the rules are different in different areas, but with the new contract coming up, I've heard rumors of the possibility of a transfer policy being included.

That's a rumor, and not a high priority item.

Thinking if we could get a group together/have tons of people calling (sending emails), maybe we could get some changes made.

The time has long past for contract proposals.

-Bug-

clever_username

Philosoraptor
They should at least allow hardship transfers. My better half got a job in Maryland. I haven't seen her in 6 months except on skype.

I could quit, move out there, and start all over slinging boxes in the hub, but my driver pay is the only thing keeping us afloat right now. It's rediculously expensive (vs Oklahoma) to live out there. Registering two vehicles was $4k alone. Rent is twice as much. We just wouldn't be able to make it on me earning ~$300 a week.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They should at least allow hardship transfers. My better half got a job in Maryland. I haven't seen her in 6 months except on skype.

I could quit, move out there, and start all over slinging boxes in the hub, but my driver pay is the only thing keeping us afloat right now. It's rediculously expensive (vs Oklahoma) to live out there. Registering two vehicles was $4k alone. Rent is twice as much. We just wouldn't be able to make it on me earning ~$300 a week.

You need to look up the definition of the word hardship as what you described above certainly would not constitute a hardship in my book.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Don’t worry about her she’s being taken care of. :thumbup1:

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!

She didn't have to change jobs and move.

Decisions that result in an alleged hardship are not your employer's problem