New Contract Speculation- Transfers

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How do transfers work for normal full time drivers? I’m in the past few months of my four year progression and would like to get a little closer to back home but have been told I would have to restart my progression and building seniority and some other things I don’t recall. It doesn’t come up in topic ever so when I saw this I had to ask
Quit and be rehired
Do you know how to use the search function
Question only been asked 1000 times

Tanktoptony

Got to be careful and don’t take crap from them. We had a transfer that was an RPCD then technically was a 22.4 when he came here based on seniority. Center manager tried to mark down his pay. He put a stop to that pretty damn quickly.
I’m not saying they won’t try. Friend of mine came into feeder after being a 22.3 combo for like 5 years and my manager tried to tell him he has to go through progression again. My friend knew this was bull so he filled the grievance and stated he wanted penalty pay to stack on top of the difference and a few weeks later got his grievance check and management knew that this guy might actually know his contract so they left him alone.

ManInBrown

I’m not saying they won’t try. Friend of mine came into feeder after being a 22.3 combo for like 5 years and my manager tried to tell him he has to go through progression again. My friend knew this was bull so he filled the grievance and stated he wanted penalty pay to stack on top of the difference and a few weeks later got his grievance check and management knew that this guy might actually know his contract so they left him alone.
That’s crazy that the feeder manager said that. They never get involved in how much someone makes. It’s all in the UPS system. If there’s a discrepancy you go thru the hall or payroll to have it looked into. In my experience building level management has no idea what this one makes or that one. It’s above their pay grade. Never go to them for a discrepancy with your hourly rate. Call the hall.