New Contract Proposal

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I could say the same thing if the no voters won, does that make the no voters uninformed? Let's face that fact your pissed it didn't go your way. Let's also admit calling all yes voters uniformed is ignorant in and of itself.
So you are a YES voter, I take it? Because I have been with the company 25 years, most as a driver, and this contract actually benefits me alot. I voted no because I was once a newbee, and I think this contract sucks for them. Hence my NO vote.
Did you vote yes for you, or your part-time brothers and sisters?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
So you are a YES voter, I take it? Because I have been with the company 25 years, most as a driver, and this contract actually benefits me alot. I voted no because I was once a newbee, and I think this contract sucks for them. Hence my NO vote.
Did you vote yes for you, or your part-time brothers and sisters?
I voted yes, much like the rest of us in the south because we are already on Teamcare. As far as progression is concerned, you do realize that we still don't to pay a dime for insurance and have raises every year. These things aren't free and in an increasing competitive market facing USPS and FEDEx( neither come close to bennies or wages), the status que those of you under the UPS plan couldn't sustain itself.

All of that being said I respect your right to vote how you feel you needed to. Calling yes voters ignorant is self serving to your agenda, which by the way, wasn't the popular vote.

realbrown1

I voted yes, much like the rest of us in the south because we are already on Teamcare. As far as progression is concerned, you do realize that we still don't to pay a dime for insurance and have raises every year. These things aren't free and in an increasing competitive market facing USPS and FEDEx( neither come close to bennies or wages), the status que those of you under the UPS plan couldn't sustain itself.

All of that being said I respect your right to vote how you feel you needed to. Calling yes voters ignorant is self serving to your agenda, which by the way, wasn't the popular vote.
So, you are OK with a 4 year wage progression for part-timers going driving?
It took me 2 years of wage progression to make top pay.
In 1989, I made $9.50 an hour my first day loading package cars.
You are OK with the starting wage for your new fellow union workers being about that same pay 25 years later. $9.50 didn't buy much in '89, it sucks today.
You seem to have voted yes because you are getting the good pay and benefits today, tomorrow, and the next.
A new worker is 8-10 years away from going driving in alot of areas, not to mention adding 4 years of wage progression on top of that.
You think they deserve that for what UPS is going to do to them?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
So, you are OK with a 4 year wage progression for part-timers going driving?
It took me 2 years of wage progression to make top pay.
In 1989, I made $9.50 an hour my first day loading package cars.
You are OK with the starting wage for your new fellow union workers being about that same pay 25 years later. $9.50 didn't buy much in '89, it sucks today.
You seem to have voted yes because you are getting the good pay and benefits today, tomorrow, and the next.
A new worker is 8-10 years away from going driving in alot of areas, not to mention adding 4 years of wage progression on top of that.
You think they deserve that for what UPS is going to do to them?
If they don't deserve what UPS is doing to them they get a ballot just like the rest of us. I voted yes because I want those guys who put in the effort and time to go driving to have those top pay and benefits when they get there. How would you feel if you put up with the low pay and 4 year progression only to find out you're not going to get the top pay because the previous contract bled the company dry?

realbrown1

If they don't deserve what UPS is doing to them they get a ballot just like the rest of us. I voted yes because I want those guys who put in the effort and time to go driving to have those top pay and benefits when they get there. How would you feel if you put up with the low pay and 4 year progression only to find out you're not going to get the top pay because the previous contract bled the company dry?
Exactly when did UPS start losing money? I know we are well paid, but when they can afford to give Scott D. multi-millions in pay and bonuses, begin to think you care more for UPS's finaces than the UPS board of directors.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Exactly when did UPS start losing money? I know we are well paid, but when they can afford to give Scott D. multi-millions in pay and bonuses, begin to think you care more for UPS's finaces than the UPS board of directors.
I care about the finances of UPS because it's the cow we all get milk from. If UPS starts to post losses or lower than expected earnings, do you think we'll be able to negotiate from a position of strength? I want UPS to be the best and the biggest company in the world, and expect to share in the prosperity that we, as the blue collar labor, helped make it that way. If we continue to only think about ourselves instead of the well being of the company, we will eat steak for now, but the milk will be gone and we'll all go hungry.

realbrown1

I care about the finances of UPS because it's the cow we all get milk from. If UPS starts to post losses or lower than expected earnings, do you think we'll be able to negotiate from a position of strength? I want UPS to be the best and the biggest company in the world, and expect to share in the prosperity that we, as the blue collar labor, helped make it that way. If we continue to only think about ourselves instead of the well being of the company, we will eat steak for now, but the milk will be gone and we'll all go hungry.
You mean you care about UPS's finaces because it effect YOU. The guy that just got hired off the street is going to have it alot rougher becuase of the yes voters like YOU.
Funny how you are totally OK for others (part-timers) taking it in the shorts, but as concerned as you are with UPS's finaces, you are still OK with taking a pay increase.
Meanwhile, you part-time teamster buddies are going to make McDonald wages years.
I admit it, you do think about how this contract effects UPS, too bad you didn't think how this contract will effect your part-time teamster brothers and sisters.

bill blutnach

You mean you care about UPS's finaces because it effect YOU. The guy that just got hired off the street is going to have it alot rougher becuase of the yes voters like YOU.
Funny how you are totally OK for others (part-timers) taking it in the shorts, but as concerned as you are with UPS's finaces, you are still OK with taking a pay increase.
Meanwhile, you part-time teamster buddies are going to make McDonald wages years.
I admit it, you do think about how this contract effects UPS, too bad you didn't think how this contract will effect your part-time teamster brothers and sisters.

Der seniority system ist designed to screw the junior teamster yes? ok to screw the junior man but not de person who has not been hired yet?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Part timers get a pay increase and still don't pay for insurance, yeah, find me another company that does that.

You still can't see the long term implications. You failed to answer the points I made in my previous post about pt votes and how I explained in the long run how this will benefit those looking to go driving later. I can sit here and go back and forth with you about how you think the PTers are getting screwed, the fact remains more people agreed with my vote, which the membership agreed was the best direction for the entire membership for the next 5 years.

I'm sorry that your no vote didn't win, I think even a majority of the no voters can agree its time for you to move on.

realbrown1

Part timers get a pay increase as well, yeah. You still can't see the long term implications. You failed to answer the points I made in my previous post about pt votes and how I explained in the long run how this will benefit those looking to go driving later. I can sit here and go back and forth with you about how you think the PTers are getting screwed, the fact remains more people agreed with my vote, which the membership agreed was the best direction for the entire membership for the next 5 years.

I'm sorry that your no vote didn't win, I think even a majority of the no voters can agree its time for you to move on.
Actually my NO vote did matter. We voted down our supplement and rider. Got an improved HC plan, not teamcare for doing it.
My local also voted down the master agreement, but the me-first drivers in the NE and the South only give a crap about themselves and voted it in.
Like I said, I going to do good with this contract. I just don't like the gap between the new PTers and us to get wider that it has become.

Addison Feeder Driver

I forgot to mention, the 4 year pay progression cannot be retroactive to August 1st. All employees hired before the new contract fall under the extension of the old contract as far as pay progression. Otherwise it's a violation of labor laws called retroactive pay reduction.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Blame the lazy 62% of the employees that were to lazy, to mark an X on a peice of paper. Put it in an envelope and shove it in the mailbox. I guess it was a waste of their time! Thats way too much work to do,!
exactly..the next contract...they should send the ballots out in boxes instead of envelopes. Maybe that'll get the other 62%'s attention. Oh look a package...I'm supposed to do something with that...lol.

CharleyHustle

exactly..the next contract...they should send the ballots out in boxes instead of envelopes. Maybe that'll get the other 62%'s attention. Oh look a package...I'm supposed to do something with that...lol.

Unless you know exactly how the 62% of non-voters would actually vote. I would guess that if forced to vote, a vast majority of these non-voters would vote yes.

The Range

In too deep
407 and Stink cheer-leaded this contract rigorously. The tone was: we should be thankful for what we have.

We are going to place blame on the no-voters? The propaganda handed to us by our own union was comical. It could have came directly form UPS headquarters.

Addison Feeder Driver

The seasonal drivers over in my area make $6/more than the new full time drivers. Plus they get paid hourly even for mileage runs so they rack up overtime. So now you have the non union seasonal drivers making almost double what the Teamster full time drivers make their first year.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The seasonal drivers over in my area make $6/more than the new full time drivers. Plus they get paid hourly even for mileage runs so they rack up overtime. So now you have the non union seasonal drivers making almost double what the Teamster full time drivers make their first year.

Sent using BrownCafe App
The seasonals do not get any benefits however.
If you incorporate benefits in total compensation, I imagine the UPSers make more per hour.