New Contract Proposal

Stonefish

I'm 710, we just got ballots this week. There is no way the contract will pass as is.

As far as Stonefish not understanding 24/7 on call, it's obviously not for package drivers. It's for feeder drivers, we work shifts around the clock so the package cars have freight to deliver in the morning. Currently they post sign up sheets for weekend work, but under the new contract they will be able to force drivers to work weekends.

I'm not at YRC anymore because 705 put 50 junior drivers with less Seniority ahead of me when they did the merger. Two of the stewards cut deals and went along with an agreement that violated everybody's seniority. One of the stewards was made a BA and the other got a 30 year pension early.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Did they take away all your feeder bids or is a percentage of them?
How the hell did they get in front of you? What were the reason(s)?

Addison Feeder Driver

The reason was they put 5 Yellow stewards in a room with 2 Roadway stewards and asked them to figure out what to do about combining the seniority lists. The Yellow guys wanted Roadway drivers to go to the bottom. The contract allowed dovetail which is what every single local in the country did with their lists. Well, the Roadway stewards were bullied by the 5 Yellow stewards and no decision was made. So, Steve Pocztowski made a deal. He hooked up the two Roadway stewards with the BA position and the early retirement if they accepted a deal to sandwich drivers instead of dovetail. This was also against what Tyson J had asked them to do. They sandwiched drivers, one Yellow, then one Roadway, then one Yellow, then Roadway, all the way down the list. Well I was with Roadway and when the sandwich was done I had 50 guys hired after me all of a sudden ahead of me. At the time I had 12 years with Roadway and had Yellow drivers with 7 years bidding ahead of me. I filed charges against 705 with the NLRB. Shortly after, I had a serious injury on the job and was out for two years. I sued YRC and when I was out on injury they illegally removed me from the seniority list. I called my BA, Rick Rohe, and he said there was nothing he could do about it. He didn't want me back because I filed charges and also since I knew they were all making all these bull:censored2: deals I helped another slate to try to get these :censored2:s out of office. So any way they could get rid of me they tried. I was pissed anyways and YRC is still teetering on bankruptcy. I quit, and went back to college and earned a degree. Then I worked various jobs until I decided to get back into truck driving.
My lower back was removed due to my injury and replaced with several titanium spacers and carbon rods. Truck driving isn't the best thing for my back but I have been doing this for almost 20 years and it's what I enjoy doing. Plus I need to finish my pension.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stonefish

The reason was they put 5 Yellow stewards in a room with 2 Roadway stewards and asked them to figure out what to do about combining the seniority lists. The Yellow guys wanted Roadway drivers to go to the bottom. The contract allowed dovetail which is what every single local in the country did with their lists. Well, the Roadway stewards were bullied by the 5 Yellow stewards and no decision was made. So, Steve Pocztowski made a deal. He hooked up the two Roadway stewards with the BA position and the early retirement if they accepted a deal to sandwich drivers instead of dovetail. This was also against what Tyson J had asked them to do. They sandwiched drivers, one Yellow, then one Roadway, then one Yellow, then Roadway, all the way down the list. Well I was with Roadway and when the sandwich was done I had 50 guys hired after me all of a sudden ahead of me. At the time I had 12 years with Roadway and had Yellow drivers with 7 years bidding ahead of me. I filed charges against 705 with the NLRB. Shortly after, I had a serious injury on the job and was out for two years. I sued YRC and when I was out on injury they illegally removed me from the seniority list. I called my BA, Rick Rohe, and he said there was nothing he could do about it. He didn't want me back because I filed charges and also since I knew they were all making all these bull:censored2: deals I helped another slate to try to get these :censored2:s out of office. So any way they could get rid of me they tried. I was pissed anyways and YRC is still teetering on bankruptcy. I quit, and went back to college and earned a degree. Then I worked various jobs until I decided to get back into truck driving.
My lower back was removed due to my injury and replaced with several titanium spacers and carbon rods. Truck driving isn't the best thing for my back but I have been doing this for almost 20 years and it's what I enjoy doing. Plus I need to finish my pension.

Sent using BrownCafe App
How are doing the feeder bidding you were talking about???