New contract question

Days

You only go through a full time progression once. If you top out as an air driver, then win a ground bid, you'll start at top rate. That may be the main reason the progression is changing to match ground. It works the other way too. If I became a full time air driver, I would be at top rate for air drivers. It would be a pay cut, but air driving is so cake, it'd be worth it. Almost as nice as going feeders.

Thanks you're being so helpful. What if I was a PT air driver at top rate and bid into a FT air driver job?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Thanks you're being so helpful. What if I was a PT air driver at top rate and bid into a FT air driver job?

No problem. A part timer would have to go through the whole progression for full time. I had to do that. I suggested to my BA that we try to get language that would shorten the full time progression for employees who had been with the company for a while. It kinda sucks waiting 15 years to get top scale, just to have a whole crop of one-year part timers go driving, so they'll be at top scale after only five years. I don't think people realize what a difference that makes in a person's entire financial picture. I'll be making well over $100k less over the course of my career compared to those guys, and it's all luck of the draw.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
when go into a new job, you used to start at the "seniority rate" which was higher than the starting rate if you had been with the company for at least a year.

I noticed in the new contract the seniority rate was replaced with "12 months" but the contract later still mentions starting at the seniority rate.

If someone can clarify that'd be great. One less year I have to go through to reach top rate would be nice.
20180713_102432.jpg