New Contract

Logb17

I big part of the housing bubble was cause by the government and HUD.

On another note. It is still 2 year progression. I am 6 months into driving(fulltime anyway). At least I started at utility wage $23.40. I wont see a raise for another year when it goes to 27.XX.

smart

Driving is not a skilled job like an electrisian or mechcanic your progression period should only be about 30 days ! , and as far as your benifits go its 2012 you should have lifetime benifits by now !

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Really????

Big business = conservatives = deregulation.

Our investments, both 401k and pension plan investments need to be regulated in order to avoid both dramatic increases and decreases in value. The housing bubble just about destroyed many pension plans, ponzi schemes did destroy some. These industries need to be regulated to avoid the kind of bailouts that many pension plans are going to need in the coming years.

In the end, it does not matter if a person has an individual account or a guaranteed plan, if investment bankers are allowed to pee away my investments and maintain a liberal salary and bonuses, there is little to no expectation that money will be there for my retirement.
Um, big business = conservatives?? That stooge Obama funded by big business, too, you know.

You have it backwards - basic economics dictate that greater regulation and gov't interference = greater ups and downs. Natural pricing and wages occur when there is little/ no artificial meddling in markets.

Anyway, sorry for the OT rant. ;)

TUT

What I don't understand is everyone knows the cost of living goes up, how can they be looking at lowering wages? That won't be healthy long term for the country as it's proving now.

HULKAMANIA

I big part of the housing bubble was cause by the government and HUD.

On another note. It is still 2 year progression. I am 6 months into driving(fulltime anyway). At least I started at utility wage $23.40. I wont see a raise for another year when it goes to 27.XX.

HUH? Am I reading this right? You think that progression is still 2 years? If you started at $23.40 that means you were already an internal worker with years of service to your credit. From your seniority date forward you will work no less than 3 years before you make top pay. You however will skip your starting wage which is 16.10, then your seniority raise which is I believe 17.25, then your yearly which is 18.45, then your 24 month which is 20.75 I believe, and then your 36 month you finally make top pay.

S

speeddemon

I have a hunch newer full-time hires will not get a pension plan, but a 401k match.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I have a hunch newer full-time hires will not get a pension plan, but a 401k match.
Really? I'm not necessarily opposed to that but it would pretty tough to pull off given how many different multi employer pension plans there are. I just can't see the union ever agreeing to it.

Logb17

HUH? Am I reading this right? You think that progression is still 2 years? If you started at $23.40 that means you were already an internal worker with years of service to your credit. From your seniority date forward you will work no less than 3 years before you make top pay. You however will skip your starting wage which is 16.10, then your seniority raise which is I believe 17.25, then your yearly which is 18.45, then your 24 month which is 20.75 I believe, and then your 36 month you finally make top pay.

Your right... I don't know where I got that from. Just checked the contract. Maybe I was looking at 22.3? Here I was thinking I was gonna buy a new car in a year and a half.

HULKAMANIA

Your right... I don't know where I got that from. Just checked the contract. Maybe I was looking at 22.3? Here I was thinking I was gonna buy a new car in a year and a half.

Yeah sorry didnt mean to bust your bubble lol. 3 years sucks no other way to cut it!

I like the fact of getting a better pension. But not too fond of personal money being added. (Future raises ) In upstates case, a 65% funded pension, you could be throwing good money after bad money. You have no control over the funds. $1 an hour in you pension gives you about $2000 in extra contributions, but $2600 less in pay.

Jigawatts

The health care is pretty much the only reason why 80% of part timers still work at UPS. If they make part timers pay for benefits there will be a mass exodus. Since the birth of pas, loaders simply have no value, which once again, works in the companies favor. Why pay someone $15 p/h when they can plug someone in anywhere and pay them $8.50 p/h.

Indecisi0n

Option days are straight-forward.

More routes is a problematic goal.
The proposal can't say, add more routes but "more routes" has to be a result of a term that results in more routes.

The most common and logical proposal I have seen is to have a sliding scale condition that happens automatically.
This one that I seen on here:
0 - 8 hours - straight time
8 - 9 hours - time and 1/2
9 - 9.5 hours - double hourly pay
9.5 and above - triple pay

One thing that UPS (or any company) reacts to is cost.

Would these terms and conditions be acceptable to you.

I like this pay scale a lot.