New Courier

whenIgetthere

I have been with Federal Express for almost 27yrs..Started in April and by Nov I was maxed out also medical and dental were paid for by the company..I know guys who have been here over 10yrs and still not maxed out. FEDEX is not the same as FEDERAL EXPRESS..Best of luck to you..By the way tomorrow is my last day..Retiring..To everyone at Express hang in there ..Take care

14 years and still $4/hr away from top out!

Hate 150lb Packages

If McDonalds and other fast food giants fold to these employee strikes, you could hire on there and be making 15 clams an hour. I bet thats more than what you make at express. It's more than I make.

DontThrowPackages

14 years and still $4/hr away from top out!
This means nothing. You're 4 dollars away from what the highest paid couriers are making. But 6 years from now you could still be 4 dollars away. Every time a mid range courier receives a raise so does the topped out courier. Its like being 20 miles behind your friends in the other car and thinking you're gonna catch them by going the same speed as they.

hypo hanna

This means nothing. You're 4 dollars away from what the highest paid couriers are making. But 6 years from now you could still be 4 dollars away. Every time a mid range courier receives a raise so does the topped out courier. Its like being 20 miles behind your friends in the other car and thinking you're gonna catch them by going the same speed as they.

And ironically both of you are steadily going deeper in the hole since any fedex pay increase doesn't keep up with inflation. See my thread on being a stakeholder. This is no longer a middle class job. Those of us that started back in the 70's and 80's are finding it hard to hold onto our homes and pay for our kids educations. Instead of putting money away for a retirement, I now have to dip into savings on a regular basis just to maintain. All because I drank the koolaid andbelieved the lies from Fred S, Dave rebholz, Matthew Thornton III, Dave Bronczek, Michael ducker etc..

dont fall into their trap, get out now while you are still young.

vantexan

And ironically both of you are steadily going deeper in the hole since any fedex pay increase doesn't keep up with inflation. See my thread on being a stakeholder. This is no longer a middle class job. Those of us that started back in the 70's and 80's are finding it hard to hold onto our homes and pay for our kids educations. Instead of putting money away for a retirement, I now have to dip into savings on a regular basis just to maintain. All because I drank the koolaid andbelieved the lies from Fred S, Dave rebholz, Matthew Thornton III, Dave Bronczek, Michael ducker etc..

dont fall into their trap, get out now while you are still young.

The problem is where do you go for a better paying job? If everyone who's job pays poorly were to go look for another job that didn't require some kind of special training upfront the relatively few available would be taken quickly. If then everyone were to go get the training necessary to better themselves in something that pays better then those jobs would be filled quickly too. Tens of millions would have to settle for what's available, and most don't pay well. The best you could hope for is to work at least two jobs and between the two do ok. But what kind of life is that? If kids were smart these days they'd join the military. Plenty of work there that won't get you killed and you'd walk away with a lifetime pension at 38. Get into a field there with a civilian demand, come out into a well paying job with a monthly pension to supplement it. I was naive to leave the Air Force thinking I could do better on the outside, should have stayed in. Or get on with UPS or the Post Office early on, the sooner the better. Knew a 58 year old courier in Texas who had retired from the Post Office with a $2800 a month pension. The single biggest mistake young workers make coming out of high school is getting on with a company and thinking if they stick with it they'll be rewarded. And of course the employers will lead them to believe that. Capitalism works, but it's predatory. The rank and file are the most vulnerable, management takes care of their own and treats us as if we're a different species who is here to be exploited. Cattle are to be milked and/or eaten. Next time you have a room full of couriers being told what's what by a couple of mgrs think of a couple of cowboys managing a herd. And everyone but the herd seems to know what the herd is there for.