New daid tricks

BrownFury

Just figured out a couple of weeks ago by accident that if you push the "z" button on your diad the business addresses (stops & pick ups) are replaced with the business names. Helps big time on my 200+ industrial/resi route.

upsgrunt

I've found that if you drop the diad in the back of the truck, there is 100% chance it will bounce and hit your ankle in a spot that hurts. Great bar trick.

Just figured out a couple of weeks ago by accident that if you push the "z" button on your diad the business addresses (stops & pick ups) are replaced with the business names. Helps big time on my 200+ industrial/resi route.
That is soooo 2007. It’s perfect for malls, universities which have the same address

Overpaid Union Thug

There is one pretty cool feature with ORION 3.0. Now that the receiver scans all packages when transferring stops, you have to hit what's called "Possession Scan" under COMM in order to transfer EDD. I had a misload the other day and tried the possession scan to see if it would put the package in my EDD. Sure enough, it works. No more looking up the address on Google Maps and keying everything into the DIAD manually.
You know you can can also have the OMS (or a supervisor) send you that misload so that you can use the cradle (or map nav) to find the stop right? That’s assuming you scan your misloads like you should be. But if your trick works every time I’d just go with that because I’ve seen it take hours before my center even responds.

Cowboy Mac

When I can’t remember the persons name, instead of asking again for the 3rd time, I’ll just make one up.
Where I’m at you can put in a random Hispanic name like Garcia or Garza and you’ll probably be right. I’ve noticed even a lot of whites have last names like that through marriage. Hotels and gas stations- Patel. All nail salons- Nguyen.