New DIAD Punch-In Screen, July-2019

ThePackageDeli

The new DIAD punch-in screen came to our center out of nowhere and without warning this month. Not only does it create more of a hassle, but it takes away the driver's ability to personally adjust both the start time AND the pay code. Does this seem like a big deal to anyone else? Does this mean that everyone can now be permanently placed into the 05 paycode unless specifically changed by the OMS? I don't like it...

Your thoughts?

ThePackageDeli

Right, I agree. But what happens if your start time is 900 and you arrive to work at 903? As it stands now, you can change your start time to 905 and no late will show up on paper.

FYI - And for those of you who don't actually know this already, if you punch in late you do NOT get paid from the scheduled start time but from the minute you punch in. Using the above example, you would get paid starting from 903 and NOT 900.

Brisket

If you’re late, you’re late. I just wouldn’t make it a habit. You can always call and let your Sup know you are running late too, sometimes stuff happens .

Indecisi0n

Right, I agree. But what happens if your start time is 900 and you arrive to work at 903? As it stands now, you can change your start time to 905 and no late will show up on paper.

FYI - And for those of you who don't actually know this already, if you punch in late you do NOT get paid from the scheduled start time but from the minute you punch in. Using the above example, you would get paid starting from 903 and NOT 900.
So youre risking your job just so you don't show late. Smart.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

If you show up on time this won’t be a problem

ThePackageDeli

What about the paycode? Doesn't it seem sneaky to remove our ability to interact with it directly? Going forward, if a driver punches out in 7hrs and 35 mins, they might have to tell the Sup to manually change the code and then verify that they actually do, That's a horrible pain in the ass. Not to mention unreliable.

Indecisi0n

What about the paycode? Doesn't it seem sneaky to remove our ability to interact with it directly? Going forward, if a driver punches out in 7hrs and 35 mins, they might have to tell the Sup to manually change the code and then verify that they actually do, That's a horrible pain in the ass. Not to mention unreliable.
From reading this thread the more "interaction" they remove from you the better off you'll be .

Wrong. That's falsifying records.
If you are late you are late. You also can lose your 8 hour guarantee if you are late.

Future

Victory Ride
Wrong. That's falsifying records.
If you are late you are late. You also can lose your 8 hour guarantee if you are late.
229A54B6-0D6A-4BCB-B446-A38FC24E5BFA.gif

Ummmmmm how do I sign up for this?

MC0493

Got it here as well, but once you get through the new screen you're just brought back to the old one to input/change info as needed. Royal pia since my password is stupid complicated. Hoping they can save the info in the diad going forward.

BUCN85

The new DIAD punch-in screen came to our center out of nowhere and without warning this month. Not only does it create more of a hassle, but it takes away the driver's ability to personally adjust both the start time AND the pay code. Does this seem like a big deal to anyone else? Does this mean that everyone can now be permanently placed into the 05 paycode unless specifically changed by the OMS? I don't like it...

Your thoughts?
We are able to change paycode and start time on ours. After the new punch in screen it goes to the old one.

ThePackageDeli

Got it here as well, but once you get through the new screen you're just brought back to the old one to input/change info as needed. Royal pia since my password is stupid complicated. Hoping they can save the info in the diad going forward.
As of now, both screens remain. However, we were told that in a couple weeks the old one will go away completely :(