New dispatcher problems

Notretiredyet

It's all part of the plan, just prior to ORION being implemented they assign a new dispatcher who runs up the miles we all normally run. Then ORION saves some of those miles as promised by IE and they move to the next center and repeat.

We recently got a new dispatcher at my center, and he seems to be doing an UNBELIEVABLY terrible job. For example, I have about a 1-square-mile (urban/suburban) delivery area normally, and on Friday, he split NINE stops onto my route from another neighborhood 7 miles away! And he split another 13 stops from that neighborhood onto the driver whose delivery area is right next to mine, and another TWO stops onto that driver from a fourth neighborhood miles away from all other areas in question!

TWO :censored2:ING STOPS!

We would be better off if we just froze the routes as they were the day the last dispatcher retired, and didn't let our new dispatcher touch anything. It's sad when someone who literally never showed up to work would do a better job than the person we have now.

When I ask if we're doing anything to try to improve the problem, the only thing anyone can say is, "It's a learning process." But to me, "it's a learning process" sounds a lot like "let's just wait and hope the problem fixes itself". I haven't seen any indication that our new dispatcher has learned anything, or has been trying to learn anything, or that anyone has tried to help him learn anything. I can't be sure because I'm not in the office when dispatch is happening, but it's really starting to seem like "it's a learning process" is just code for ":censored2: it. We're just going to sit back and let this guy do a terrible job for the time being."

Have you guys ever experienced problems transitioning between dispatchers? How long does it take for the new dispatcher to figure out what he's doing? And, if the previous dispatcher announces his retirement in advance, is it normal for the new dispatcher to be completely untrained and unprepared on day 1?
Do you remember the first time you had sex? Were you good at it? I'm betting you were a two pump chump like I was. This guy and how bad he dispatches is the flavor of the month. Maybe it'll get better. I'm betting it does.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Do you remember the first time you had sex? Were you good at it? I'm betting you were a two pump chump like I was. This guy and how bad he dispatches is the flavor of the month. Maybe it'll get better. I'm betting it does.

She got paid so she didn't care.