New driver questions...

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Every once in a while, for no reason at all, my diad sound will stop working. I use an old Army trick I learned while in the service which is to bang the diad on the floor of the truck a couple of times and it will start working again. :wink2:

This must happen system wide, as my old one did the same thing. Sometimes I liked the silence. You could always tell if the pkg got scanned by looking at the screen.

BigBrownSanta

This must happen system wide, as my old one did the same thing. Sometimes I liked the silence. You could always tell if the pkg got scanned by looking at the screen.

Yeah, I used to have a diad that the sound didn't work at all. It was nice not having to hear that ods message sound. I swear that sound is like a trigger that instantly puts me in a grumpy mood.

HAH, that's where being hard of hearing comes in handy at the end of the day. When driving in I can't here the ODS beep, so I never get the message till I get to the center and start to put my ending mileage in the DIAD.

Message" Can you go back by 123 abc Ave? They are home now."
My reply is, " No, so am I".

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Re: Another dumb question.

You are not getting paid until start time. I'm in the same boat - calling, "start time" is 8:30, but I damn well better be there by 8:00 or the poop hits the fan.

We are not allowed to be any earlier than 15 min prior to start time. It's called loitering. When they run out of other things to bitch about they fall back on this.

upsgrunt

We are not allowed to be any earlier than 15 min prior to start time. It's called loitering. When they run out of other things to bitch about they fall back on this.

That sounds like someone is trying to hide something- mainly supes working. That is the funnest part of the day when we show up early and sit around and talk amongst ourselves.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

That sounds like someone is trying to hide something- mainly supes working. That is the funnest part of the day when we show up early and sit around and talk amongst ourselves.
I agree and most of us are there early anyway. Let 'em threaten all they want.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
After an EDD transfer is complete it usually ask you if you want to switch routes to see what you just recieved from another driver.
If not you press Change Route or "ChgRt" which is listed on the bottom of the display screen on your DIAD. I think its the 2nd function key.

How do you do the transfer anyways?