New employee's afraid of company

lmeiler9831

aka The Gazelle
The union should be powerless. You work for me. You guys are no different than someone flipping hamburgers at McDonalds. You work for a company. You don't need any power. Despite what your union friends tell you, in the big scheme of things none of you have any power...

Why are you so bitter? I feel really bad for you that you need to take it out on us "powerless union people".

And BTW no one flips the hamburgers at McDonalds.... the grill is a press down. :happy-very:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The union should be powerless. You work for me. You guys are no different than someone flipping hamburgers at McDonalds. You work for a company. You don't need any power. Despite what your union friends tell you, in the big scheme of things none of you have any power...

...au contraire, my misinformed self-important friend, but we do have power. It is called the National Master Agreement and it defines the relationship between hourlies and management and the responsibilities of both to uphold and honor this contract.

One big problem...the union does not see all the drivers as equal...so does not equally back everyone. Just because they back u does not mean they will back your coworker...favoritism and prejudice are always at work. They may favor you Not him.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Once again Socks has stopped by with his union bashing comments I could work at his location though. I just need to stop by the union hall for an extra supply of grevience forms.:wink2:

UPSSOCKS

Once again Socks has stopped by with his union bashing comments I could work at his location though. I just need to stop by the union hall for an extra supply of grevience forms.:wink2:

I already told you, I don't do union work. I encourage the part time sups to do union work. No way am I getting dirty. When I collect my paycheck at the end of the month my hands are clean. As for as my location, I will be in Willow Grove and Oregon Avenue next week Monday-Wednesday. Philly Airport on Thursday. Catch me if you can.......

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
No way your hands are clean if you encourage pt sups to do union work.The Phillies are playing home Monday and Wednesday. Maybe we can take in a game. You can cheer for the Dodgers.:funny:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I already told you, I don't do union work. I encourage the part time sups to do union work. No way am I getting dirty. When I collect my paycheck at the end of the month my hands are clean. As for as my location, I will be in Willow Grove and Oregon Avenue next week Monday-Wednesday. Philly Airport on Thursday. Catch me if you can.......

I like your sense of humor. I'll be looking for your posts.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"

And another thing Mo .You stated on another thread that you unloaded a truck with nobody looking.You know when you tell so many stories (untruths) you cannot remember them all.:biting:

UPSSOCKS

And another thing Mo .You stated on another thread that you unloaded a truck with nobody looking.You know when you tell so many stories (untruths) you cannot remember them all.:biting:

BUSTED!! Well maybe I watched a management person unload a trailer from afar. If I unloaded a Trailer I would probably kill over. Anyhow there is nothing called a truck at the United Parcel Service. We refer to them as trailers....

Dragon

Package Center Manager
"No one does Union Work Better than a Part Time Supervisor"

Thats funny, I don't care who you are Larry the cable guy....

chopstic

I'm tired of beating my head against the wall with these people. To some i say go work for a non-union company because you are afraid you use your rights that you have.

I can understand that some of these new hires might not see the significance of the union. Those of us posting here at Brown Cafe have been around long enough to reap the benefits the union has negotiated for us. We have full medical coverage, dental coverage, we're getting paid for holidays and vacations, getting turkeys for christmas, we are bidding into positions we want and bidding for extra hours as well. A new hire sees NONE of these things. For their first year here at UPS, it might as well be a job at McDonalds, (which by the way, pays more starting than UPS does). Its only after they have experienced these things do they come to realize what the union can do for them.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I can understand that some of these new hires might not see the significance of the union. Those of us posting here at Brown Cafe have been around long enough to reap the benefits the union has negotiated for us. We have full medical coverage, dental coverage, we're getting paid for holidays and vacations, getting turkeys for christmas, we are bidding into positions we want and bidding for extra hours as well. A new hire sees NONE of these things. For their first year here at UPS, it might as well be a job at McDonalds, (which by the way, pays more starting than UPS does). Its only after they have experienced these things do they come to realize what the union can do for them.

Amen !

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
I must say I (we) in feeders have a great boss, who for one, will talk and fix a problem before we have to file, But he does "push" around the guys that are araid to file. (He and I both know what he's doing because we talk about.) I just sit back and laugh because i call these guys during the night and give them a little hint about what is going on and they just are to scared to speek up... Now i do say something if he really gives them the bone.
But i really can't blame my boss for "doing what is best for the co. at the time" if they aren't going to speak then they get what they get..

Sad part is i'm not even a steward just a pee in the pod.
Im done fighting others battle only to get **** on by fellow "brothers".

1 year and 5 month you are in feeder already? and you have people below you? which hub do you work out of?

Bryishre

ktm atv racer
BUSTED!! Well maybe I watched a management person unload a trailer from afar. If I unloaded a Trailer I would probably kill over. Anyhow there is nothing called a truck at the United Parcel Service. We refer to them as trailers....
Funny, Feeder Drivers dont call them trailers.We call them pups and long boxes

Kevin211

1 year and 5 month you are in feeder already? and you have people below you? which hub do you work out of?

I'm in the central Pa. area. We hire off the street in my hub. Just got lucky and got hired when they were growing. I have two guys with a third to come on board after the new year.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

No more turkeys , in this area, anymore. ;/

over9five

Staff member
Then John, how 'bout you steppin up? Put your name out there to be shop steward. Take the reigns, be the voice. YOU (we) are the Union!