New feeder driver

I GOT ONE MORE

Something else is Once you get a taste of feeder you will hate going back to pkg... Even more than you do now. There will be many times where you won't see your on road feeder sup for weeks...you will be dealing with dispatch. It's not like in pkg where the clowns are constantly in your face about absolutely ridiculous things.

I hear this a lot from feeder folks, sounds like a great place to be.

I GOT ONE MORE

It's not that big of a deal. You don't need a GPS, just trust your fellow drivers to help you with directions. It's going to be very rare to be put into situations where you may get stuck. Even if you do get lost you will always find a way out of it. If you have to detour call a fellow driver and ask him, he will guide you. If there is an accident ya just sit in traffic turn on the radio and relax. It took a few months for the fear to settle, and it took about a year and half before I was pretty comfortable. Now it's second nature and I don't even think about it. Just stay away from everyone else, don't ride in clusters and you will do just fine.

Excellent advice, thanks.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I hear this a lot from feeder folks, sounds like a great place to be.
Don't get me wrong management is management don't matter where you're at but when people say it's like working for a different company 99% of the time that's totally true and actually when you get in and see the difference between the departments it will piss you off more knowing that package car management gets away with much as they do...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Those photos are no joking matter.
Big equipment, bigger responsibility.
The package mentality must be erased.
Yep when you go through feeder school that's One of the first thing that they tell you ....put the package car mentality on the shelf... And it's not just some company speak they totally mean it.

govols019

You smell that?
We have a runner in our feeder department...We have all told him to slow down and do the job right but he just keeps on like he's running a race to get off the clock...Some men you just can't reach.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We have a runner in our feeder department...We have all told him to slow down and do the job right but he just keeps on like he's running a race to get off the clock...Some men you just can't reach.
That's actually scAry...when something happens it's not going to be a busted mirror....

ChicagosPrimeMinister

What rhmyes with UPS?
Stay awake.

ups-truck-crash.jpg

DVIR
*Does your vehicle require service*
Yes

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
That's actually scAry...when something happens it's not going to be a busted mirror....
this is exactly why i had no respect for my feeder management team. they knew who were the runners and shortcut guys were but they wouldn't say anything to them cause they made their numbers look good.

friend public safety, huh?