New ft driver intent sheet question

BUCN85

I read the contract book and where it talks about the intent sheet that is signed and filed away and management go off of that for ft pos.

Correct me of I'm wrong. Does this then mean whomever signed the sheet is chosen. Meaning say we signed the sheet a month ago 2 pos are being filled. But then approval for another spot opened up and they go by the list. But say someone else with higher señority decides they want to drive now. Can they go to management and request to be put into that slot. Or did he miss his chance by not signing the sheet

"This is called the pre-LOAD not the pre-STACK"

BUCN85

Awesome good to know. I'm finally next in line to drive. I've been there 7 years. This other has been there couple more than me. But has never shown any interest in driving and has never signed an intent sheet. But I overheard this person saying they were thinking about ft now. But they didn't sign the sheet. So I was worried they could just jump infront of me regardless

"This is called the pre-LOAD not the pre-STACK"

PT Car Washer

A lot of times you could be laid off on Monday as that is the day they cut routes. The rest of the week management will try and make sure you max out your hours available. Seasonal drivers have no protection under the contract other then wages.

TheKid99

A lot of times you could be laid off on Monday as that is the day they cut routes. The rest of the week management will try and make sure you max out your hours available. Seasonal drivers have no protection under the contract other then wages.

Yeah, I went through this at the post office.

But the volume is so out of control here they're adding routes according to a driver.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
When I get done with DOT Physical & Driving Test :rofl:

I know I'm getting ahead of myself but I'm pretty sure I will ace everything.

If I can pass fedex driving school and drive 700's then I know this wil be a cake walk.l

It's so refreshing to see such bright eyed enthusiasm. Management will have a lot of of enjoyment squashing it from you.