New Goodyear, AZ hub hiring permanent

One_thirsty

Hey guys so there’s a post that they are looking to hire both seasonal and permanent
Interviewing for
  • Package Handler Warehouse Worker
    $14.00 - $18.00 / hour, Part-time

• Personal Vehicle Driver
    $21.00 - $21.00 / hour, Full-time

• Driver Helper
    Full-time

• Package Delivery Driver
    Full-time

• Tractor Trailer Driver
    Full-time

I have read on here a lot about how they say anything to get you in just for the season and just wanted to see how accurate this may be. Also which driving role would have a better shot at staying permanent be it package delivery or tractor-trailer. Thanks in advance

542thruNthru

Hey guys so there’s a post that they are looking to hire both seasonal and permanent
Interviewing for
  • Package Handler Warehouse Worker
    $14.00 - $18.00 / hour, Part-time

• Personal Vehicle Driver
    $21.00 - $21.00 / hour, Full-time

• Driver Helper
    Full-time

• Package Delivery Driver
    Full-time

• Tractor Trailer Driver
    Full-time

I have read on here a lot about how they say anything to get you in just for the season and just wanted to see how accurate this may be. Also which driving role would have a better shot at staying permanent be it package delivery or tractor-trailer. Thanks in advance

I believe that hub is relatively new. So it could be true. Ask @UPSER1987 about it. He's in managment and can probably put in a good word for you.

Justaloader

18 an hour as a package handler? (I just started in August and they are only offering 14 an hour here in Pennsylvania)

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Goodyear Arizona is named because of it's cotton fields used by Goodyear....….Back in the day, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co used cotton in their tire making process.
We have friends that retired there...….too hot for me. Has grown rapidly since and now has all the franchises.

ibleedbrown

what is life like out there for a ups employee in the summer? how do drivers maintain in the scorching heat? i hear the hubs are cooled with swamp air conditioners but what about the trucks? i am going to try and transfer to the mesa hub in a few years, sounds like the goodyear hub would be easy to get in to but not sure if i'm going to like that area. if i had a choice i would go for ahwatukee but it is not near any ups hubs.

542thruNthru

what is life like out there for a ups employee in the summer? how do drivers maintain in the scorching heat? i hear the hubs are cooled with swamp air conditioners but what about the trucks? i am going to try and transfer to the mesa hub in a few years, sounds like the goodyear hub would be easy to get in to but not sure if i'm going to like that area. if i had a choice i would go for ahwatukee but it is not near any ups hubs.

Long sleeves, long pants and a ton of water.

Union 💪🏽 Strong

I believe that hub is relatively new. So it could be true. Ask @UPSER1987 about it. He's in managment and can probably put in a good word for you.
Goodyear is an automated Hub.. From what we're hearing here in the Phoenix Hub that in January 2020 ALL combos 22.3 will be send there and based on seniority
I work at the Phoenix Hub. In January 2020 ALL combos 22.3 and many part timers based on seniority will be transferred to the new Goodyear Hub. The Phoenix Hub will be converted to package (twilight/Preload) the future is at Goodyear. The Goodyear Hub is AUTOMATED (high tech) with A/C and from what I gathered from management OVERTIME is done with.. Combos will get there 8 hr guaranteed and part timers only 3.5 hrs with no possibility of double shifting.

542thruNthru

Goodyear is an automated Hub.. From what we're hearing here in the Phoenix Hub that in January 2020 ALL combos 22.3 will be send there and based on seniority

I work at the Phoenix Hub. In January 2020 ALL combos 22.3 and many part timers based on seniority will be transferred to the new Goodyear Hub. The Phoenix Hub will be converted to package (twilight/Preload) the future is at Goodyear. The Goodyear Hub is AUTOMATED (high tech) with A/C and from what I gathered from management OVERTIME is done with.. Combos will get there 8 hr guaranteed and part timers only 3.5 hrs with no possibility of double shifting.

Management always says overtime is done with. It rarely ever is true. Thanks for the info.

upschuck

Just because it is automated, doesn't mean no double shifting. I work out of a automated hub, and they have sheets for doubling. But the 3.5 is fairly standard.

Union 💪🏽 Strong

I tell everyone that it is hot as :censored2:.

I will take 110 degrees with 10% humidity over 85 degrees with 90% humidity any day of the week.
Yes very very Hot all 3 hu
Just because it is automated, doesn't mean no double shifting. I work out of a automated hub, and they have sheets for doubling. But the 3.5 is fairly standard.
That's good to know! Question for you! Do combos in your Hub get overtime or it's 8 and out?? Thx

UPSER1987

Combos from what buildings will go to Goodyear? Phoenix Mesa Tempe? That doesn’t sound right- that’s a lot of people