New Guy here

deuce33

Hello everyone how are you? I'm new to UPS(Preloader), and I had a question that I honestly couldn't find anywhere else on the forums. I've been working at UPS now for 3 days and I'm noticing these red bruisings all on my arm, like in the wrist area and just below that, I was wondering if thats normal and if I'll get use to that. Maybe I just may not be lifting the packages right and need to work on my technique? I just notice immediately when I get home I can hardly lift ANYTHING, and my wrist hurt a lil when trying to do so. Is this normal? Thanks

WhatPCM

Insubordinator
give it a week or two and you should be fine. Your wrists just need some work. same thing happened to me. Dont worry it will go away.

deuce33

Maybe.. All I've done in my life is general labor jobs that require alot of lifting. It's just this job is kind of different for me because it takes continuous lifting over and over of boxes ranging of all different sizes up to 70lbs. I just hope its something that I'll get use to.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Oh ok, thanks man. I appreciate it

UPS preaches power zone and all of that, but I suggest using your wrists and fingers most of the time for handling. Once you get strong enough hands and wrists, you'll rarely have to bring a package to your forearms and chest - you can tell by how dirty the front of your shirt is at the end of the day. Most of those red marks probably occur when you cradle a package in the power zone resting on your forearms and the weight and handling with it.

dragracer66

Mabe while your in the privacy of your house you should exercise those wrists before work! You'll be in a good mood and your wrists will be limber!!!!:peaceful:

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
I can remember when I first started, my fingers and wrists hurt so bad I could not make a fist. It took about 3 weeks for me to get use to it.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
Mabe while your in the privacy of your house you should exercise those wrists before work! You'll be in a good mood and your wrists will be limber!!!!:peaceful:

Wouldnt ever make it to work, I would fall asleep after all that!:happy-very: Plus, thats too early in the morning to be playing "alone"!