new guy

Hi
Iv been working as a unloader for 2 months with my full-time second shift job and it has been really hard. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to handle it better. I really like the work and the extra money is great so I'm willing to try anything. Thank you

UPSGUY72

When I work the pre-load I also work a ft job that was 4 10 hours days (3:00 pm till 1:00 am). Life isn't easy and if you want to get ahead it just gets harder...

How to handle it? My advice to you is simply understand that people may think or act like they are something else inside those four walls, but once we step outside we are all the same. Take nothing personal. Stay away from gossip. Do your job.

U

uber

Bust your ass and make it to seniority. Once you join the Union, follow the methods, work safely and go at your own pace.

If they try and speed you up, tell them that nowhere in the contract does it state any requirements on PPH in the unload.

Buck Fifty

Hi
Iv been working as a unloader for 2 months with my full-time second shift job and it has been really hard. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to handle it better. I really like the work and the extra money is great so I'm willing to try anything. Thank you

What's your other job ? how many hours ? Help us out here. SLEEP !

I work from 3 -11 at my ft job grinding steel. The machine does most the work. Then I get home at 11:10 and work ups from 4:20 to well up 9 some days. Im off on the weekends thank god.

Buck Fifty

I work from 3 -11 at my ft job grinding steel. The machine does most the work. Then I get home at 11:10 and work ups from 4:20 to well up 9 some days. Im off on the weekends thank god.

Yep just as I thought. Sleep 11:10pm til 4:00am if possible, then between 9:00am til 2:40 get some sleep, then on the weekends SLEEP. You're gonna be just fine. zagfan's advice was good to.