New here help?

OptimusPrime

You didn't know my situation at the time dumb*** Dont hate that you prob had to work like a slave for a whole bunch of years to be a driver and im coming in straight from the street

Exactly. I'm sure you will handle the whole situation with grace and humility. Once you get seniority, feel free to check back in for any question/tips/tricks to help ease your transition into become the best driver you can be.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You didn't know my situation at the time dumb*** Dont hate that you prob had to work like a slave for a whole bunch of years to be a driver and im coming in straight from the street
I heard management is looking for people with street knowledge for dispatch.

UPSGUY72

lol its not my fault
I just need a better paying job
And he offered to get me in

Getting your GED is a good start to getting a better job. It pretty obvious you have little get up an go or in the last 10 years your would have figure out how to get your GED and better paying job.

HE doesn't have any authority to get you a drivers position but just keeping thinking he getting you one... There are a lot of people more qualified than you that are way ahead of you on the list to become a driver. They hire 1 person from the out side after they promote 6 from the inside by seniority. That one person from the outside is usually a casual driver or a PT Sup... Which one do you fall under.

The good news he probably can get you a PT job where you bust your ass for $8.50 hr...

Last edited:

Kapital85

Getting your GED is a good start to getting a better job. It pretty obvious you have little get up an go or in the last 10 years your would have figure out how to get your GED and better paying job.

HE doesn't have any authority to get you a drivers position but just keeping thinking he getting you one... There are a lot of people more qualified than you that are way ahead of you on the list to become a driver. They hire 1 person from the out side after they promote 6 from the inside by seniority. That one person from the outside is usually a casual driver or a PT Sup... Which one do you fall under.

The good news he probably can get you a PT job where you bust your ass for $8.50 hr...
But Then again he had the authority to get my other cousin a drivers position without going thru the loading at the warehouse. Upsguy dont be mad that you couldnt start straight as a driver lol

jaker

trolling
But Then again he had the authority to get my other cousin a drivers position without going thru the loading at the warehouse. Upsguy dont be mad that you couldnt start straight as a driver lol
First you need to clearly find out are you talking about UPS freight where they drive semi trucks or you talking about driving the little brown pkg cars

There is a big difference between the two and you are making yourself look like a douch because you don't know the difference and come on here running your mouth on something you can't even ask the person who so called is getting you the job

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
If he is getting you in why aren't you driving now? We sure won't need drivers in January.

I was wondering the same thing. Off-the-street hires tend to be seasonals that were kept on, de facto transfers (seniority drivers starting over) and PT sups. If relatives had the capability of getting their family FT jobs, it'd happen all the time.

And to the OP... the applications you'll fill out ask for you education background, including dates of diplomas & degrees earned. Given that UPS asks its employees to be HS graduates, and that you haven't earned a diploma or GED, you'll have to lie on your application. And that's never a good thing...

Kapital85

Let me clear this up i have my ged not hs diploma also he said if he gets me in now theyll fire me after xmas so hes gonna get me in march