New hire info

DjsmoothB

Well went in for the appointment everything went smooth about 5 of us in there. They are really hiring drivers off the street no layoffs once you in there and complete one year then it’s your job to lose. The building is expanding and they need more drivers.. driving test is next ... any tips on that ??

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Practice stick shift if you haven't already. Be ready to do a 90 degree back with the box van and don't screw it up or they can disqualify you. Take your time and make sure to always wear your seatbelt when you get in the vechile.

DjsmoothB

Practice stick shift if you haven't already. Be ready to do a 90 degree back with the box van and don't screw it up or they can disqualify you. Take your time and make sure to always wear your seatbelt when you get in the vechile.
How hard is it to drive stick shift.. I have paddle shifters on my Camaro but no clutch

Heavy Package

any tips on that ??

Here's a shot of me at my driver graduation ceremony. I won the raffle for the sewing machine to sew all the blown crotches on our Twin Hill uniforms. Good luck!

12089146_078fce9dcf_o.jpg

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
Depends what car you get given. Usually you test in the worst one they have, in my case it was a broken car fresh from being battered in NYC with no power steering and a gearbox that was so shot it was just pure luck if you got it in gear.

Wouldn’t advise your first time driving a manual to be a UPS driving interview...

Don’t stall, don’t grind any gears, don’t hit anything, don’t roll back, don’t kill the supervisor. Even though UPS don’t want drivers backing, you’ll be asked to back onto a bay, K turn and hill starts.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Well went in for the appointment everything went smooth about 5 of us in there. They are really hiring drivers off the street no layoffs once you in there and complete one year then it’s your job to lose. The building is expanding and they need more drivers.. driving test is next ... any tips on that ??
Drive fast, no stopping for anything. You can eat and use the bathroom after work.

IESucks

Best tip is to cancel and look for employment elsewhere, you don't want to work here