New hire (less than a week) and overslept one day so far.

john chesney

Maybe I might've overreacted. This job is just the one decent job Ive gotten my life thus far and I dont want to :censored2: it up. I used to work at Chuck E Cheese cleaning up vomit and dressing up as that goddamned mouse. I'd rather have worked at McDonalds than there, at least there Im making more than minimum wage. I know people sit here complaining about how 15$ isnt enough for a union contract this time, but honestly I dont really care personally. I am fine with the 11 I make now. THat being said if I had a family to support or some type of loan I needed to pay off I dont think that would support me in and of itself.
It’s all good. You got some good advice and some parenting from us old guys. That’s how we roll. Let me explain something to you ups will not tolerate much. Good part timers are hard to come by these days so they will let a little slide. If you become a full time driver they tolerate nothing

Im a new hire as of alittle more than a week. I have always been on time and they can can already tell Im a hard worker. My last shift however I overslept and my phone which I used for the alarm didnt wake me up since it died. Am I about to be canned? I had off for the 4th and I dont know the start time for tomorrow and the HR rep who trained my orientation class has never gotten back to me on that. It just sucks because I am early for everything and this is a one time thing. I dont know if the sups know that though.

Any advice for tomorrow?
Hey...you made it a whole week.

See this :censored2: Hoffa.

Us old :censored2:s deserve a better contract

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Watch your pie hole
Ya know, as soon as I said that, I thought to myself, I should exclude my fellow masshole matty. Sorry bout that, but there is a huge difference in being a lawn cutter and OWNING a lawn mower business. My comment was aimed at the guy who started a job 7 days ago an is already late.

Carry on!

Ya know, as soon as I said that, I thought to myself, I should exclude my fellow masshole matty. Sorry bout that, but there is a huge difference in being a lawn cutter and OWNING a lawn mower business. My comment was aimed at the guy who started a job 7 days ago an is already late.

Carry on!
Well if he worked two days a week like you, maybe he could make it to work on time....

clean hairy

Get a Tens unit. Have a friend wire it into the alarm clock.
Connect the probes to a sensitive part of your body.
If that does not wake you up, nothing will!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
“holhop”?
B6063774-6C24-4A55-A9FB-A9D11FA6270B.gif

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Might get canned. Might not.
Me and many others oversleep once and then never let it happen again.
2 alarms:phone and a plug-in clock should be fine. 3 until you get your routines nailed down.

AwashBwashCwash

What's up with all this "orientation class" stuff I keep hearing on here.
When I got hired they had me watch a 10 minute video on the computer about safe lifting (which I couldn't even hear because the office goons were busy guffawing it up) and then they threw me onto the floor.
I still don't even know how to join the union.

IESucks

Im a new hire as of alittle more than a week. I have always been on time and they can can already tell Im a hard worker. My last shift however I overslept and my phone which I used for the alarm didnt wake me up since it died. Am I about to be canned? I had off for the 4th and I dont know the start time for tomorrow and the HR rep who trained my orientation class has never gotten back to me on that. It just sucks because I am early for everything and this is a one time thing. I dont know if the sups know that though.

Any advice

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock

Carry on!

Lol was just busting balls brotha

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Hahahahhahahhah. I walked to my preload job some days when my car was broke. About 6 miles in the middle of winter. How are these people going to get through life
Had a coworker in the early 1980's ride his motorcycle to work about 10 miles to work the preload during a snowstorm when his car wouldn't start.
Think I would have said :censored2: that and went back to bed.