New hire (less than a week) and overslept one day so far.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
B2FD1DCF-4516-4660-B046-A4B623B36295.gif
B2FD1DCF-4516-4660-B046-A4B623B36295.gif
You say that now... You have no clue what goes on. I come here asking for advice and I get called boatloads of :censored2: and called an :censored2: for it. If need be I'd be glad to provide you with a picture of the alarm clock I bought the day this happened and I would also be glad to show you the numerous times I called my hub with no answer today. I want the same thing most successful UPS employees want, to do the best at my job. Ever think that the reason people don't do well is because of the stubborn mentality of workers like you. So why dont you go take your little sorry ass, have a :censored2:ing beer because its the 4th of July, and stop hijacking my thread on here. Youll realize how amazing the world is when you stop spending all your time on the internet complaining about millennials for doing the same thing you are doing yourself right now.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Im a new hire as of alittle more than a week. I have always been on time and they can can already tell Im a hard worker. My last shift however I overslept and my phone which I used for the alarm didnt wake me up since it died. Am I about to be canned? I had off for the 4th and I dont know the start time for tomorrow and the HR rep who trained my orientation class has never gotten back to me on that. It just sucks because I am early for everything and this is a one time thing. I dont know if the sups know that though.

Any advice for tomorrow?
snowflakealert.jpg

john chesney

Had a coworker in the early 1980's ride his motorcycle to work about 10 miles to work the preload during a snowstorm when his car wouldn't start.
Think I would have said :censored2: that and went back to bed.
No back in the early 80’s we were beasts and ups was a great job to have. You even had to kick start your motorcycle. Now Harley-Davidson is coming out with an electric motorcycle. I wanna puke

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
Your firehouse must be pretty soft if internet people bother you. Come to my firehouse and we will teach you how to really, truly and efficiently dissect another humans soul, taking everything that man ever worked for and tearing his world down with that one insult.

PT Car Washer

Had a coworker in the early 1980's ride his motorcycle to work about 10 miles to work the preload during a snowstorm when his car wouldn't start.
Think I would have said :censored2: that and went back to bed.
Had a coworker park his car a couple blocks away and swim a low spot during a heavy downpour to get to work during the preload. Of course he lived 20 miles away so turning around to drive back home was not an option. We made a lot more then minimum wages back then.

Yolo

Go in. No one will give a :censored2:. UPS is paying you pennies above minimum wage. They need you more than you need them.

Brohn Bron

How freaking hard is it to be at work on time?

34 1/2 years I was only late twice, and that was early on and caused by car problems. Oversleeping is never an excuse.

Gotta love 'em when they're little.

So basically you did the same thing this kid did. But twice. And early on.

I bet everyone on here has been late before to UPS. Get off your high horses.

Your firehouse must be pretty soft if internet people bother you. Come to my firehouse and we will teach you how to really, truly and efficiently dissect another humans soul, taking everything that man ever worked for and tearing his world down with that one insult.
Nah most of them are paid guys who also volunteer. We bust balls a :censored2: ton. Just was caught at a bad time. I wasnt offended I was just hangry.