New Hire preload trainer?

So who suppose to train the preload new hire when the supervisor is on vacation?? Had 2 new hire start today and regular hourly employees was training them.

PT Car Washer

So who suppose to train the preload new hire when the supervisor is on vacation?? Had 2 new hire start today and regular hourly employees was training them.
Not unusual at all to have a new hire shadow an experienced preloader for a couple days. Remember the job is so simple that even a monkey can do it.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Training is supposed to come with a $.50 premium if I recall correctly.

I wouldn’t train new people for free.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I suppose the company would say you are not a qualified trainer. I have shown several drivers how I run a route. Never saw a training wage.
That’s completely fine.
If I’m not a qualified trainer, then they can take those new people and be on their way. I won’t do it for free.

nWo

Generally a preloader knows more about loading the truck than a pt sup ever will. Not always the case but it usually is.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I would love to mentor new preloaders but it always seems the union trainers and safety members who bid these roles turn into psuedo-management types who only are marginally better at training.