BAD NEWS: UPS just threatened to train "new hires" so they don't have to raise wages

Commercial Inside Release

Friday July 14th, 18:00PDT
Just heard on a national news affiliate... UPS waited until after hours, to announce they will have no plans to pay more, and will train new hires to get through the strike. Written news stories and broadcast news will probably start running the story tonight or tomorrow.

Commercial Inside Release

Explains why they told management to make arrangements to get a DOT card this morning, as well as starting training for sorting and loading.

They also posted about 800 job openings for preloaders around the nation last night. Each listing is for multiple hires.

Karma...

perhaps atlanta figured out that its too expensive to operate in North America ...better returns in Europe and Asia....time will tell

87brown

I don’t know but this game of chicken is going to put a lot of people out of work. The sad part is if we go on strike this company will never be the same The sad part is all of these people that are all excited about having a strike they just get what they were asking for and in the end if a lot of us lose jobs out of this boy, I challenge anyone to go find a job that we have now with the wages and benefits. So sad.

Karma...

I don’t know but this game of chicken is going to put a lot of people out of work. The sad part is if we go on strike this company will never be the same The sad part is all of these people that are all excited about having a strike they just get what they were asking for and in the end if a lot of us lose jobs out of this boy, I challenge anyone to go find a job that we have now with the wages and benefits. So sad.
I wholly agree with you....how did it ever get to this point ?.....each side blames the other....I hold both responsible....there is a point where a company can't go beyond and stay solvent......a company exists to make money for shareholders.....thats the reality.......the higher ups on both sides will not be nearly as affected as the lower echelons on both sides ...one would think by now ups and the teamsters would work together so that even more volume is not lost to the competition.......I went thru the 3 month strike in 1976 and that short summer strike in the mid 1990s plus a few 1 day strikes along the way......much money was lost and it opened up for the competition to come in.....I am retired so any strike wont adversely affect me....there are always options.....good luck to all here...I hope we all dont end up in the abyss

cynz

They are training their supervisors. UPS can't get 1 out of 10 new employees to stay now.

August is the hottest month, see how new people who haven't done physical labor last.

This is to calm their customers who have contracts. And to get us union members nervous.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
They are training their supervisors. UPS can't get 1 out of 10 new employees to stay now.

August is the hottest month, see how new people who haven't done physical labor last.

This is to calm their customers who have contracts. And to get us union members nervous.

Imagine they will be the cream of the crop..all temps knowing that they will a short time to plunder the box lines, think we have problems now.

Then they will have to cross a picket line that will be beyond massive compared to the “97” ones. If we go out every Union member in America will be joining us also, those would be the ones that you have to watch out for.

It would be a logistical nightmare for the operational managers who will held accountable if things go south. They will not be as loyal to their Corporate Overlords like they were back in “97”…loss of pension, frozen wages, no chances for promotion, years of humiliation from clueless leadership.

The public sentiment is a known factor..everyone is sick and tired of having the boss man living the American Dream by putting their collective knees on the working man’s necks…

If the Company does calls a strike I hope they are willing to pay that price…once the Union takes their pound of flesh expect the Feds to swoop in and carry away the carcass.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
perhaps atlanta figured out that its too expensive to operate in North America ...better returns in Europe and Asia....time will tell

Pretty sure they do not want to piss off the European Unions by closing shop in America..Asia is run by the Communist Chinese Mob, UPS is just considered an ant on their way to Global Domination..