New hire seeking information

Brownie24

Howdy!
I'm starting preload at a SoCal Hub on Monday. I understand I have to get through one year to make seniority and to start getting my benefits. Is it after my first year that I start getting vacation or is it seniority+ 1 year ?
How often are the raises?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Howdy!
I'm starting preload at a SoCal Hub on Monday. I understand I have to get through one year to make seniority and to start getting my benefits. Is it after my first year that I start getting vacation or is it seniority+ 1 year ?
"I Haven't Even Started Working Yet...But How Soon Do I Get Paid Time Off???"

By The Entitled Generation

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"I Haven't Even Started Working Yet...But How Soon Do I Get Paid Time Off???"

By The Entitled Generation

You are way out of line here.

She did not come off as entitled whatsoever. She acknowledged that she would have to wait at least a year before receiving paid time off and politely asked about future raises.

You owe her an apology.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You are way out of line here.

She did not come off as entitled whatsoever. She acknowledged that she would have to wait at least a year before receiving paid time off and politely asked about future raises.

You owe her an apology.
I had no idea of the gender of the OP, nor do I care. A new hire not asking about the job or how to make a good impression on their first day of work, or what they should bring with them. Ask about when do I get a raise and vacation....lol.

You and I can agree to disagree. But I'm not apologizing for my opinion. I am a package monkey who has to work with more moronic new hires than you do. Perhaps I've become jaded.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I had no idea of the gender of the OP, nor do I care. A new hire not asking about the job or how to make a good impression on their first day of work, or what they should bring with them. Ask about when do I get a raise and vacation....lol.

You and I can agree to disagree. But I'm not apologizing for my opinion. I am a package monkey who has to work with more moronic new hires than you do. Perhaps I've become jaded.
I thought you were getting a new job. What happened?

barnyard

KTM rider
If only there were a thread stickied at the top of this page for new hires to read through. Man o man. The only thing handier than that would be if a noob were to actually click and read it.

Brownie24

I think any new hire would love to know how the raises work before starting any job. It was a simple question. I know it's a hard job no doubt. I haven't gotten the chance to talk to people in there since I don't start until Monday, so I figured I'd ask the community here, but I guess I'll wait.
I tried browsing all the topics but didn't find much. The New Hire Post doesn't offer much info. Thanks though!

Brownie24

Maybe I didn't ask about making a first impression and what to bring because I read some info while browsing the forums? I'm trying to get ready for a tough first couple of weeks or months but just asking simple questions to know it's worth it in the end.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Howdy!

Maybe I didn't ask about making a first impression and what to bring because I read some info while browsing the forums? I'm trying to get ready for a tough first couple of weeks or months but just asking simple questions to know it's worth it in the end.

35jb5gy.jpg

-Bug-