new hires getting bonus

cachmeifucan

Out here they pay union initiation fee I think not sure how much but dues are taken immediately probably because most Don't make it 40 days to get in union

polyp

One thing to consider is that if the company gave the bonus to all PT hourlies, that'd be a big middle finger to the PT Sups who have been with the company for years but also find themselves making less than the new PT Sup promotions. They don't want to do that, since they can't get staffed with sups as it is. Buying the pt sups an arcade cabinet is way cheaper than actually paying them. At least right now they can say both groups are in the same boat with regard to new hire pay.

Better to kick the can down the road and hope their staffing situation magically turns around before they need to staff new positions due to expansion.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
One thing to consider is that if the company gave the bonus to all PT hourlies, that'd be a big middle finger to the PT Sups who have been with the company for years but also find themselves making less than the new PT Sup promotions. They don't want to do that, since they can't get staffed with sups as it is. Buying the pt sups an arcade cabinet is way cheaper than actually paying them. At least right now they can say both groups are in the same boat with regard to new hire pay.

Better to kick the can down the road and hope their staffing situation magically turns around before they need to staff new positions due to expansion.
The staffing will not get any better young people do not want to work. Even if they started them at $15 an hour, there's an entitlement attitude with young people anymore. Plus, why go to work when there are protests to attend?

polyp

Last time we struck was '97.

Using the CPI inflation calculator, $15 Jan 2018 is equal to a whooping $9.63 back in Jan 1997. When did you start? I'd be happy to plug in the numbers.

Staffing definitely won't get better.

SweatPit

i won't bite
Talked to another newbie who is getting a bonus. He is upset that the rest of us are not getting a bonus. He then went on to tell me how he is sick all the time and has to miss work and how he is bummed on how he cannot receive his bonus due to missing work. He thinks he should atleast get a $75 bonus period and it should not be taxed. LOL millenials.