New hub in Middletown PA

Jonas2008

Anyone know when the new hub is scheduled to open in Middletown and how it is going to affect current employees at the 19th Street Harrisburg hub? We're not being given any details. Thanks.

dudebro

Anyone know when the new hub is scheduled to open in Middletown and how it is going to affect current employees at the 19th Street Harrisburg hub? We're not being given any details. Thanks.
I don't know for a fact, but my guess is for the most part, the employees won't be affected, other than maybe less overtime on the hub sorts. Two hours east of there, UPS added two buildings in Easton and Bethlehem near the Allentown building and they just run all 3 buildings. Allentown STILL runs an all day twilight sort.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
We get tons of loads from both NEWPA and HARPA. Can’t see them cutting volume from them that drastically to make much of a difference.

WTFm8

It’s a super-hub and if’s feeder only and will be highly automated. 800k sqft and ~750 jobs.

HARPA will still exist but I’m sure it’ll remove a lot of the sort load. I’m considering moving to feeder when it opens.

Last edited:

chasces

They are claiming in July of 2022 some operations will begin there. UPS cut our pay rate by 1/3 at HIA earlier this year. Carlisle still gets up to $23/hr to start as a part-time employee. What is the Harrisburg Hub paying?

boxerdan

They are claiming in July of 2022 some operations will begin there. UPS cut our pay rate by 1/3 at HIA earlier this year. Carlisle still gets up to $23/hr to start as a part-time employee. What is the Harrisburg Hub paying?
Cut your pay or took away an MRA? Going from $23 to $15 sucks either way, but kinda very different situations, contractually at least.

Bald1der

It’s a super-hub and if’s feeder only and will be highly automated. 800k sqft and ~750 jobs.

HARPA will still exist but I’m sure it’ll remove a lot of the sort load. I’m considering moving to feeder when it opens.
Also building a New Hub in Northeast Philly that size or larger. I heard it's going to realign the Philly Metro area and also take sort volume from Willow Grove.