New huge customer.....

wakyzachy

I am the IRS for UPS!
I read that we got a new coustomer Apple. I heard they started shipping with us in the beging of the month. Has anybody seen them? Also they have new shipping directions with them too for the drivers and unloaders....Any news on these guys....

blue efficacy

If this is true, Peak is going to suck extra hard.
They're projecting 180K for peak day (how they can forecast this early with any degree of accuracy is beyond me) while last year peak day was about 150K

Winston1

Hey hows everyone doing just found this board its pretty cool! Anyways i'm a ft driver in nyc....just letting you know when i read this post i'm positive we didn't get apple i have an apple store on my route and fdx ground and express get about 50 to 100 pieces daily for them each...and that was yesterday i park next to him everyday and bull**** about whats going on....so thank god thats not true....

dragracer66

Hey hows everyone doing just found this board its pretty cool! Anyways i'm a ft driver in nyc....just letting you know when i read this post i'm positive we didn't get apple i have an apple store on my route and fdx ground and express get about 50 to 100 pieces daily for them each...and that was yesterday i park next to him everyday and bull**** about whats going on....so thank god thats not true....
Go to upser's.com we did pick up apple the story is on there

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We have been delivering Apple IPods for a while, they are little boxes from "ACI" that are all signature required, just like Dell.:crying:

over9five

Staff member
Supposed to start this month. Something about the customer being able to print out a SDN. The DIAD will prompt you about it.

Winston1

hmm maybe fedex still has there factory to store shipping but we took the resi's from them i don't know i just hope i don't get hit with that right before peak my route is so slammed i drive a straight truck park it in the morning and don't move it till i'm heading in at night no more room to fit a single box average about 1k pieces a day during peak we have a seasonal guy driving a uhaul

B

brownISer

I find it amazing that extra volume/new business is frowned upon and thought of as "extra work"....no wonder the stock is in the tank!

VoiceOfReason

Telling it like it is
I find it amazing that extra volume/new business is frowned upon and thought of as "extra work"....no wonder the stock is in the tank!

You must not understand how the new business volume works. We pile it on the same drivers who already have 9-9.5 days, and expect them to "get it done" because the upper management people have a tough time justifying another car on the road to help with the "new business" when its new stuff. Eventually when the cut route is in 5 days a week instead of 3-4 times for a particular area it ends up getting bid as a route and staying but by then all the other drivers in the loop are beat to death from the year + it took of them handling all the new business with their own business. Not to mention during this period more new business is sprouting up and even with the new route everyone in the loop is still overworked.

B

brownISer

ok, let's tell all our shippers to start using FEDEX or USPS...would that make everyone happy???

B

brownISer

I guess too little volume (and layoffs) is better than too much volume (and OT)---??? :crying:

25yrvet

If you are a driver, brownISer-- come back & tell that to the board in 20 years... after you've been around the block a couple times

GO AIR FORCE---SINK NAVY

Leftinbuilding

You must not understand how the new business volume works. We pile it on the same drivers who already have 9-9.5 days, and expect them to "get it done" because the upper management people have a tough time justifying another car on the road to help with the "new business" when its new stuff. Eventually when the cut route is in 5 days a week instead of 3-4 times for a particular area it ends up getting bid as a route and staying but by then all the other drivers in the loop are beat to death from the year + it took of them handling all the new business with their own business. Not to mention during this period more new business is sprouting up and even with the new route everyone in the loop is still overworked.

Yeah, this would be the perfect job if we could get rid of all those boxes. But I've only been here 33 years so what do I know?

VoiceOfReason

Telling it like it is
Yeah, this would be the perfect job if we could get rid of all those boxes. But I've only been here 33 years so what do I know?

No one said that we get rid of boxes. Bring them on, as long as we bring the staff and vehicles to deliver/pu also. I'm just stating my point of view that I see from the drivers when we earn new business but not new routes. Its getting close to where there is nothing left to squeeze out of the drivers.

B

brownISer

attentions all drivers: starting tomorrow, tell your customers that we cannot take any more boxes from them...(but first make sure you sell any stock you might own)