New, Improved (?) Response Thread

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yea I went next door on resi one time, the answer was Hell no so I assumed she wasn’t fond of the neighbor! I dont even bother anymore. Neighbor may be day sleeper, have kids taking nap etc
I don’t do indirects either unless it’s for a business. I stopped years ago. I don’t need to be in the middle of neighbor drama.

dezguy

I don’t do indirects either unless it’s for a business. I stopped years ago. I don’t need to be in the middle of neighbor drama.
Only took one time.

Did an indirect and later found out the two neighbours hated each other so the one I indirected to was holding the package hostage out of spite. Manager had me go to the guy I indirected to, to try to get the package back. Will never put myself in that position again.

Stat41

I’m dense. How is Response forcing customers to ship P1?
By shipping the business p2 on the second wave, the recipient will never get their freight early like they would on the old system. Its a pain for business shipping/receiving departments to have to process more inbound at or near the end of their day. The best way for a customer to get their freight on time, or at least on the correct day, is to ship it P1.

falcon back

By shipping the business p2 on the second wave, the recipient will never get their freight early like they would on the old system. Its a pain for business shipping/receiving departments to have to process more inbound at or near the end of their day. The best way for a customer to get their freight on time, or at least on the correct day, is to ship it P1.
Any company that runs a business on the belief they will get their P2 or ES a day early OR by 1030 is playing with fire. Getting their freight the correct day is what they should expect and they will have to adapt to the new schedule. UPS delivers many stops later in the day just as FDX is doing now so receiving will just have to do their job all day and not panic about deliveries after lunch.

MassWineGuy

My manager told me today that when she asked another manager how unattempteds should be coded, he told her to 08 them. I told her I still wouldn’t do that, but if it were put in writing I would.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
My manager told me today that when she asked another manager how unattempteds should be coded, he told her to 08 them. I told her I still wouldn’t do that, but if it were put in writing I would.
O M G !!

You have violated the Sacred Rule!

:poop: Flows Downhill!

How else can they throw you under the bus?

Hari Kari is your only honorable option.

falcon back

920 W Poplar, a couple of blocks east of the Hampton Inn. In the shopping center that has the Perkins restaurant and the Starbucks.
Unless it moved back, it hasn't been there in a couple of years. Moved to the hub area. Did it move back to Collierville this year?

MassWineGuy

Had to wait a good 45 minutes for a vehicle. When the clock hit 6 1/2 hours I scanned four pieces as not attempted. Got all my pickups, though.

It will be fine

Had to wait a good 45 minutes for a vehicle. When the clock hit 6 1/2 hours I scanned four pieces as not attempted. Got all my pickups, though.
You guys clock in and have to sit around waiting for someone to return with a truck? Then you have to load it and hit the road? That sounds incredibly annoying.