New, Improved (?) Response Thread

Aquaman

You are such a whiny ass, you could get a $1.50 raise and still bitch. I don't remember the exact increase but if it was $1.40 for you wouldn't that be about a 6 or 7% raise. Not many companies throw out that size raise every year as requested by you.
It’s not requested by me lol. The step plan wasn’t my idea. It was the companies. If they don’t want employees anticipating those raises... maybe don’t implement a pay progression plan that gives those raises. You get dumber and dumber each reply I read of yours. They created a pay plan to fix the progression nightmare they have, they then stopped that plan and went back to the nightmare after only 2 years... and according to you we should be cool with that.

It will be fine

While this is true, they’ve so lost touch with what is going on in stations they don’t realize that the old slow workers are the ones still holding this company together. They’re the only ones who still show up on time every day and still care. That will be this company’s downfall.
Meh, for now that might have some truth. Today’s workers can’t be counted on like the older generations. They don’t expect to work anywhere long. They plan on job hopping. Companies need to adjust their expectations to meet that labor supply. I’ve focused a lot more energy on speeding up on boarding than on retention. That’s what keeps my company running smoothly with the expected high turnover.

Maui

While this is true, they’ve so lost touch with what is going on in stations they don’t realize that the old slow workers are the ones still holding this company together. They’re the only ones who still show up on time every day and still care. That will be this company’s downfall.
I want to defend some of the older employees. Not only were they dedicated and reliable some are still very fast. I know some recent retirees that up until their very last day were crushing routes that no one could match. At nearly 60 their effort was excellent in everything they did from attendance to sort positions to on-road.

Aquaman

I want to defend some of the older employees. Not only were they dedicated and reliable some are still very fast. I know some recent retirees that up until their very last day were crushing routes that no one could match. At nearly 60 their effort was excellent in everything they did from attendance to sort positions to on-road.
Again... at $30/hr, with a fat traditional pension, they’re in a much better mood going to work than most everyone else.

fdxsux

Just as your constant whiny posts about how you hate your job is your only agenda.
It’s kind of what we do on this forum….in case you haven’t noticed. Nothing like the guy who logs into browncafe every day to complain about what he reads telling people who go to a job they complain about to just find another job. Just find another forum maybe? Too funny!

falcon back

It’s kind of what we do on this forum….in case you haven’t noticed. Nothing like the guy who logs into browncafe every day to complain about what he reads telling people who go to a job they complain about to just find another job. Just find another forum maybe? Too funny!
So it's nothing but bitching by whiny as pusillanimous who won't go find another job. Gotcha

MassWineGuy

Steering a bit back to the topic, I brought five deliveries back with me today. My manager tells me to scan them as closed and says she’ll back me. I am very cynical by nature, but I feel I know her pretty well and trust her.

From now on I’ll clear at a specific time and take unattempted deliveries back. As long as all my pickups are done. I refuse to give it eight hours a day.

Maui

Steering a bit back to the topic, I brought five deliveries back with me today. My manager tells me to scan them as closed and says she’ll back me. I am very cynical by nature, but I feel I know her pretty well and trust her.

From now on I’ll clear at a specific time and take unattempted deliveries back. As long as all my pickups are done. I refuse to give it eight hours a day.
I absolutely would not code as closed if no attempt was made. She might back you, but that isn't the right thing. If you have to break for pups then the route needs to be smaller.

This isn't fair to you or the customer. And it covers up true service levels.

Stat41

DO NOT FALSIFY NO MATTER WHAT! She may mean well and I am certain she is nice, but when it comes between taking care of herself or feeding her family, you may be the one thrown under the bus. Never trust Fedex managers to that level. Ultimately they are managers, not your relative or friend. The best play would be for you to tell your manager or send them a message that youre not going to be able to attempt your deliveries and you will need help. Hope that helps.

It will be fine

I absolutely would not code as closed if no attempt was made. She might back you, but that isn't the right thing. If you have to break for pups then the route needs to be smaller.

This isn't fair to you or the customer. And it covers up true service levels.
For us a closed scan still counts as a service failure, is that not the same with Express?

MassWineGuy

I agree completely. I don’t feel very good about it, but doing no attempt would alienate her. I realize that it’s the only accurate status. But doing so would raise so many red flags.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I agree completely. I don’t feel very good about it, but doing no attempt would alienate her. I realize that it’s the only accurate status. But doing so would raise so many red flags.
No, it’s not the accurate status. It’s falsifying. As long as you notify her before going on road or at least when you get close to being done, you’re covered. It’s not YOUR problem that they’re sending you out with too many stops. If you aren’t worried about possibly being fired, carry on.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I definitely want to keep my job. Will start telling managers I have too much BEFORE going in road.
If she's like most managers. she'll simply tell you to 'do the best you can' and push responsibility off onto you.

Once, as a swing, I was overdispatched, on a route I'd never run. Was told to do the best I could. Sent multiple requests for help, got none. Brought back about 40 unattempted, out of about 350 stops. PM manager told me, upon RTB nearing 12 hours OnRoad, that I HAD to have an attempt on every package. I laughed at her, and coded them as Due/No attempt.

After having to explain to the SM the next day what happened, I found out she wrote warning letters to every manager in the station. Also got an apology from my manager.

outtatime

I definitely want to keep my job. Will start telling managers I have too much BEFORE going in road.
Your manager can have your back all she wants, but it's your employee number attached to those scans. Therefore, in the end it is YOU that will take the fall for falsifying. If she wants to code them as closed she can log into a PP or Leo with her employee number and do it.

Star B

White Lightening

Never, EVER falsify. As long as you're not screwing off, you have nothing to worry about. Don't make their problems your problems. While it's human nature to take care of those who take care of you -- there's a limit to it and Management will play you miles past the limit, but once the axe has to fall, it will be on your head.

Coding your packages as 8s only says "The courier was successful at attempting all stops assigned to them today, but it's the customers fault why they didnt get it cuz they weren't there." So the manager doesn't have to explain to the higher ups why you had dex3s, and it doesn't look like anything was wrong and you were dispatched perfectly.

You can only do so much. You can only go so fast on the road. You can only walk so fast at the stop. You can't control the traffic or the customers. What you need to do is make sure that you are being as efficient as you possibly can while following the rules. It doesn't matter if they give you 10 stops or 1000. Just be as efficient as you can be safely on road, communicate your status with dispatch, and there is NOTHING they can do.