COVID-19 and how I am being personally affected

You don’t have any contact number? When they call you ask for written documentation of the test, positive or negative. They could email it to you. I’m sure many people will be asking for writing confirmation of the test.

No, no contact number, nothing except a 2-page document with general information was given. In fact, the document specifically asks that you do not call the physician's office. However, I am hoping that the results will be documented and available through my physician's office. The test I took was coordinated directly through that office. They scheduled a time for me to arrive at the drive-thru testing site.

iruhnman630

Interesting that your management is trying to implement their own policy for return to work.

A company wide policy is needed.

I got pulled in the office this morning to clarify (1) my covid19 status (suspected but untested) and (2) why I made the decision to come back (I followed CDC and doctor recommendations without any followup).

Bottom line: nobody has a clue how this should be handled.

No, no contact number, nothing except a 2-page document with general information was given. In fact, the document specifically asks that you do not call the physician's office. However, I am hoping that the results will be documented and available through my physician's office. The test I took was coordinated directly through that office. They scheduled a time for me to arrive at the drive-thru testing site.
Maybe it was a sting to collect your DNA to solve or a paternity test. :speechless:

Interesting that your management is trying to implement their own policy for return to work.

I got pulled in the office this morning to clarify (1) my covid19 status (suspected but untested) and (2) why I made the decision to come back (I followed CDC and doctor recommendations without any followup).

Yeah, I agree. It's kind of a mess.

iruhnman630

Fill out the emergency leave form!

You will need to include documentation from your doctors office. I included the post-visit summary from the testing screening at the hospital and they seem to have accepted that as my case is currently being reviewed.

ManInBrown

Agree, it’s a complete sheetshow. It’s a violation of HIPAA. I’m not implying at all that someone should go to work when not feeling well and get other people sick. But when you start mandating requirements before someone can come back I don’t see how that’s legal. And if anyone is being told you cannot come back until this date then that person must be paid for the days missed. If you are telling someone you cannot come back to work. That has to be paid time off.

ManInBrown

It’s not like the OP went and got tested and tested positive. And then took time off from work. There were symptoms. Those symptoms have subsided. So how is it a requirement to be tested before you can return to work? Work was not missed in the first place because of a positive test.

iruhnman630

I would support a requirement for negative test results if and when testing becomes more readily available.

Right now it is nearly impossible to get the first testing for diagnosis, let alone the post-virus testing which requires two negative results 24 hours apart to officially be declared covid free

ManInBrown

UPS has a real dumpster fire on their hands with this one. There is no way you can tell someone you cannot come back to work without a test result, and then not pay that employee. They’ll never win that battle. So every single person on paid leave is going to be paid for 10 extra days waiting for a test result? No chance. Sounds to me like these individual buildings are making up their own rules.

iruhnman630

To answer your original question: you do not need a confirmed diagnosis for the emergency leave pay, only that you were instructed to isolate.

JcUPS

I don’t know what they heck they’re are gonna do to me. My wife tested positive a month ago. I tested negative, but had to follow the guidelines and stay home for 14 days. (Boring as crap). We just got back from vacation and now I woke up this morning with a fever of 101.7. Went to urgent care got tested. I feel like a train hit me with body aches. My union rep told me I wouldn’t get paid for this round. (Which is fine) he said if your sick your sick. They will get over it. Still kinda stressed about it though.

Last edited:

zimbomb

I don’t know what they heck they’re are gonna do to me. My wife tested positive a month ago. I tested negative, but had to follow the guidelines and stay home for 14 days. (Boring as crap). We just got back from vacation and now I woke up this morning with a fever of 101.7. Went to urgent care got tested. I feel like a train hit me with body aches. My union rep told me I wouldn’t get paid for this round. (Which is fine) he said if your sick your sick. They will get over it. Still kinda stressed about it though.
Short term disability 60% pay based on the last quarter. Not too shabby

542thruNthru

Don't worry about it. If its covid they can't use it against your attendance.
sketch-1597698405999.jpg