new logo

A

abuckover

I have always felt that the Olympics are a better cause to support, rather then NASCAR

A better cause maybe, but hardly a better business decision. I've had countless comments about "how Dale did this weekend" from my customers and I can remember exactly one customer ever commenting on our Olympic sponsorship. Not exactly scientific, I know, but a "good man on the street" way of telling how well our sponsorship $ are working. Sure the Olympics are a more highbrow place to put our money, but as far as reaching the average American (or Canadian in my case) NASCAR is a much better bet.

U

upsdude

"I ment to say $105 million"

Hey, what's 55 million among friends? LOL!

I think its about advertising, not charitable donations. UPS supports many causes with millions of dollars each and every year. The Olympics were a dud, marketing wise. Weather youre a NASCAR fan or not, NASCAR racing is the fastest growing sport out there. NASCAR is close to passing (pun intended) stick and ball sports in the area of television ratings. The folks that attend races are the people our Account Executives are trying to reach, owners, managers and CEOs of small medium and large companies. Billy Bob cant afford the tickets, his boss can. I hear at least 20 Is Dale going to race the truck comments every day. Doing the NASCAR thing is one of the best marketing decisions UPS has ever made.

D

dammor

"Trucks will be painted as needed, not just for a logo change."

I have heard this at least 3 times on this site. I don't think it is the case, but have decided to just wait and see. If they start painting 3 a week here as I was told, you will hear about it.
I expect those of you that think that would be a "regular paint schedule" will be silent.
Trust me, it is not..........

U

upsdude

dammor........

I agree that 3 a week isnt normal. I will certainly let you know if the schedule changes in my center. A good friend of mine works at the body shop UPS uses to paint trucks for 5 delivery centers. My friend will give me the straight scoop. I do know that my truck (a 1996 P-1000) has needed body work (bad roof leak) for nearly 6 months, but the work has been put off as cost cutting measure. Maybe Atlanta put the brakes on paint work knowing this change was coming. If thats the case, maybe they will do 3 a week to catch up. Also, the body shop Im speaking of isnt capable of doing 3 a week.

W

wkmac

I was talking with the automotive guys and they said that all cars are painted on a 3 year cycle. From their understanding, the changeover will come as the cars go through this cycle. Don't know if it's true but just thought I'd throw it out.