new motorolla scanners

HomeDelivery

yeap, that's what i read from your earlier posts... my terminal has those 12V chargers & each driver does carry a spare battery.

yet, the program to take the pictures for DR stops isn't enabled yet... we already have the tech/Li-ion batteries to go with it... GET W/ the programming already, Fx HD!

STFXG

The new upgrade coming eliminates the door tag for front door deliveries. That's the majority of DRs... Drop and knock. Speed is the key. Taking a picture would be a PITA. No thanks!

Also, we don't get charged for claims any more.

HomeDelivery

you sure about that?

so when a customer disputes a delivery, & a DTag wasn't used, there won't be a claim to be paid by the contractor???

I asked a customer on Saturday if they found the 9lb box that was delivered on Thurs. The driver i was covering for on Fri & Sat did use a Dtag, so i know it wasn't a mis-delivery... someone must have taken it from the front door.

a BS complaint was made on another driver about backing up into the customer's driveway to make a k-turn... no damage to the property at all. the contractor had to pay for that claim... (my state is still not in ISP mode yet)

STFXG

A claim is for a missing package. We do not pay those any more. We just get our contracts threatened if too many show up.

A complaint being charged is different. They do deduct from our bonus for complaints. You can watch some video once for "training" but you get charged for the second. That's not a claim though.

HomeDelivery

so recently, a contractor was charged $285 for a mis-delivered package... the driver went to a different st, but same house number. it was recovered and re-delivered a day or two later. can that charge be reversed?

STFXG

Misdeliveries can be charged. I thought you were talking about them missing from the correct place.

Chargeable:
- signatures not obtained for packages requiring a signature
-driver release to businesses
-driver released to apartments or similar
-misdelivered

STFXG

That charge can be reversed btw. There's a form he needs to get from management to get the customer to sign saying they received the package.

If the contractor doesn't respond to a missing package report within a certain time frame it is automatically sent though the claims department. That is a process in itself. I highly doubt he was charged if he picked it up and redelivered it within a couple days. Probably dragged his feet on recovering it or didn't handle the paperwork.

STFXG

Spamming this thread..

Or he picked it up and redelivered it without scanning it as a 17 (misdelivered package picked up). And then 18 (misdelivered package redelivered) when he dropped it at the right stop.

Probably just picked it up and took it to the right place without putting a scan on it...

HomeDelivery

yea, that was it... he didn't re-scan & re-deliver to correct address.

it was 2 different cases; the other one, a neighbor stole the package so the contractor didn't have to pay for that missing package claim

HomeDelivery

yet, the program to take the pictures for DR stops isn't enabled yet... we already have the tech/Li-ion batteries to go with it... GET W/ the programming already, Fx HD!

bump, they better enable this; i'm sick of making notations on the daily delivery manifests to keep track of what each package looks like & where i DR them. Being lazy or staying at a fast SPORH rate means most DR choices will be at the FD... when they have a porch with it or not.

one customer had a crib mattress on the BD / covered Porch to be protected from the weather or passers-by that will take a free mattress... correctly DoorTagged and had the word mattress written on it w/ the BD & P checked.

called in to complain 3 days later that they cant find the BOX but found the Dtag... WTF?!? they can't read what i've written down, but can read/call the 800 number?!? if i didn't wrote this stuff down on my manifest, i wouldn't have known it was a mattress & not a BOX that they'll be looking for during the followup investigation.

another customer was looking for a box but couldn't find it on his porch. I have to skim through my delivery manifests to find the address & i wrote down "small wht bag, FD/P by welcome mat" so i whip out my pre-paid cellphone & call the customer to look for a small white plastic bag, not a carboard BOX ~ bingo!

having an option to take a quick snapshot of your DR stops can be viewed by the customer or QA agent when a disputed delivery call arrives & will save me the time of trying to remember the house color, and type of package it was...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm also now using upstate's or brown's "MC" as another choice of delivery, without scanning a tag or obtaining a signature. those are working well since they can't refute that i "met customer"

MC FD
MC BD
MC P
MC DWAY
MC G
MC BYARD

---------------------------------

oh, i like how you can lock the scanner manually so you won't inadvertently hit any buttons while its jiggling around in your holster or side cargo pocket... the red button to the right of the F3/F6 button & can be unlocked if you press the middle yellow-scan button

STFXG

They got rid of the met cust driver release option for a reason. If you meet a customer they want you to get a signature. Since, with no signature, they can always just say that they never met you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They got rid of the met cust driver release option for a reason. If you meet a customer they want you to get a signature. Since, with no signature, they can always just say that they never met you.

The reason we went to driver release was to avoid having to get a signature at each and every residential stop. MC is the most effective of all of the DR options. I have yet to have a DFU denied that was MC.

HomeDelivery

agrees w/ upstate... others are using the "other" option and entering "H2C" (hand to customer) which is similar, but MC is faster for me. MC M or MC friend or MC KID is what i'll put in addition to location & had no disputes with that yet

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
With the GPS motion lock, I am now on 3 batteries a day as it seems to light up the display each time you near the 10mph threshold.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Explain brother.

I want to know too. Perhaps there is another dimension we are not aware of...cue "Star Trek" theme. I'm guessing that you can't look at your PowerPad clone unless you're driving less than 10 mph, which is, of course, totally "safe". We can view ours at any time. How fast will a Sprinter go anyway? 85? 90?

MaineGroundDriver

Yeah the screen locks when you're moving. It just displays the address for your next stop.

Also locks randomly when handing the scanner to customer for signature .. what a PITA that is!! Customers will look at me all confused and say "Um, where do I sign?" and I'll look and go, "Oh, hang on, it thinks I'm driving again" lol