New Package handler/sorter girl!!!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
:nono: :nono: :nono:
Clean up your act guys, your offensive language and off color jokes are unwelcome here. If you have to use symbols to replace letters in words that are prohibited by the board's obscenity filter then common sense should tell you that posting that word violates our terms of service. Your cooperation will be greatly appreciated.

hoser

Industrial Slob
Oh Boy,
Here we go.
You asked me WTF do I care and I responded.
The CIA never asked me to work for them.
I work at UPS for money.
No, I do not know all about you. Just enough.
I did not tag that guy, he tagged himself.
Yes , I have studied magic.
Tarot cards can be shuffled, so I do not use them.
Read the original post. If that was a reply to your daughter, wife or any other woman in your life that you cared about ,you might understand my response.
In my will ,I have requested to be cremated.
Maybe , I should request that a few ashes be saved "just for you" .Put them in a douch bag and feel what is like to have a real man up your ***.
As far as your joke, if I was gay I would be offended. Since I am not, I still could not give ****.
Ok now this is just getting weird.... You obviously give a "****" if you talk about how you want your remains to be disposed of.

diadlover

:nono: :nono: :nono:
Clean up your act guys, your offensive language and off color jokes are unwelcome here. If you have to use symbols to replace letters in words that are prohibited by the board's obscenity filter then common sense should tell you that posting that word violates our terms of service. Your cooperation will be greatly appreciated.
Sorry Cheryl. It won't happen again. Well, for today at least.

frownbrown

think long and hard about a career at ups! i have been a driver for 18 years and can barely get out of bed in the morning. i am in great shape but cannot fully enjoy my hobbies on the weekends due to my overworked body. ups treats it's employees as machines. just something to think about...

LKLND3380

I'm considering stepping up to sup. Better pay, more engaging (for my tastes), but gone are the days where I can call in sick no questions asked when I want to spend a night with my woman or watch Monday Night Football with the guys.

I don't know about better pay since that is one thing Sup's are forbidden to talk about...

When you figure what some part time preloaders who have been with UPS for 15 year top out at and what some drivers top out at... Then you figure in benefits the preloaders and drivers get... Supervisors must pay their own Insurance like many other jobs...

I think the the hourly comes out on top UNLESS you are the center manager or and up...

LKLND3380

I wouldnt be too concerned with the no job security / no union thing. Unless you are a dishonest person, or plan to steal, etc, there will pretty much always be a job for you at UPS. I cant name one person who was let go from the company for no reason (although im guessing i may get some stories in the forthcoming posts.)

No about being dishonest but if you are a part time belt supervisor or even a full time preload manager... There are some real bone head hourly employees that could put your job on the line... Those bone head employees have union protection and the sups are on their own...

The Cowboy

The Cowboy
The part about the spelling of caffeine is very, very funny. Frankly, a sorter should consume massive amounts of caffeine every morning. It is not true that you won't be as enthusiastic after you work five hours unloading or sorting...I like it more than when I started and have found that there are many people at our location who share the same attitude - and, quite a few of them are women. I like tieguy's post; it is a laot more fun with people like you around. Incidentally, as a 23 year old, if you were a driver and contributed the maximum to your 401(k), participated in the pension, and bought the maximum amount of company stock each year through the stock purchase plan, after 25 years, you wouldn't have to work anywhere the rest of your life.

ups79

Cowboy-you have to be referring to a 23 year old who lives at home, rides the bus, never eats out, never goes on a vacation, never gets married, or lastly never has children.

Feeder Leader

Chonky, listen to most the advice given to you already. Do not go into management unless that is exactly what you want to do. In some places tuition reimbursement is available whether you are mgmt or hourly. Ask HR, that's their job. Going into mgmt to short cut going driving is the worst way to go. Even if there is no reimbursement for hourly workers in your area, stay on as an hourly. Your overtime pay will make up the costs. It also allows you the added benefit to take sick days when you need to study up.

Diad, after UPS I made the biggest mistake and went over to Fedex Ground, where I worked for about 2 years. I now work for Alliance beverage, which is a union distributor of pretty much every alcoholic drink sold in AZ. What is the wait time now for drivers at the hub. When I jumped out of Tempe, it was 6.5 years

hoser

Industrial Slob
I don't know about better pay since that is one thing Sup's are forbidden to talk about...

When you figure what some part time preloaders who have been with UPS for 15 year top out at and what some drivers top out at... Then you figure in benefits the preloaders and drivers get... Supervisors must pay their own Insurance like many other jobs...

I think the the hourly comes out on top UNLESS you are the center manager or and up...
Had an intreview and salary was discussed....wow.... :thumbup1: hourly does NOT come out on top. Salary plus OT, and the no, the health plan isn't paid for, but it's around the same amount hourlies pay for.

hoser

Industrial Slob
The part about the spelling of caffeine is very, very funny. Frankly, a sorter should consume massive amounts of caffeine every morning. It is not true that you won't be as enthusiastic after you work five hours unloading or sorting...I like it more than when I started and have found that there are many people at our location who share the same attitude - and, quite a few of them are women. I like tieguy's post; it is a laot more fun with people like you around. Incidentally, as a 23 year old, if you were a driver and contributed the maximum to your 401(k), participated in the pension, and bought the maximum amount of company stock each year through the stock purchase plan, after 25 years, you wouldn't have to work anywhere the rest of your life.
LAWL. I'm 21, and I have the same mentality too. Then you find a woman. Then this woman has her material needs. Then you seed this woman. Then this woman pisses out children.... And it all goes downhill from there.

hoser

Industrial Slob
LAWL. I'm 21, and I have the same mentality too. Then you find a woman. Then this woman has her material needs. Then you seed this woman. Then this woman pisses out children.... And it all goes downhill from there.
unless, of course, you find an ambitious woman who will fufill YOUR material needs.

diadlover

Diad, after UPS I made the biggest mistake and went over to Fedex Ground, where I worked for about 2 years. I now work for Alliance beverage, which is a union distributor of pretty much every alcoholic drink sold in AZ. What is the wait time now for drivers at the hub. When I jumped out of Tempe, it was 6.5 years
It's been as low as 3 months to become driver but I think now it's up to about 6 months. (and that's for Phoenix). You should come back if you can. With all the growth out West it's only taking the drivers out there about 6 months to get their own route. If your interested in coming back then PM me. I'll hook ya up!

LKLND3380

Had an intreview and salary was discussed....wow.... :thumbup1: hourly does NOT come out on top. Salary plus OT, and the no, the health plan isn't paid for, but it's around the same amount hourlies pay for.

Sups never disclose their personal salaries with each other or with hourly workers. I believe that is a UPS rule and they can terminate you...

I am not sure if the health plan is the same as you said "hourlies pay for..." Hourly workers do not pay nor do they have it deducted from their pay. Part of the Union contract is that UPS pays... So maybe you are paying for the same health care that UPS pays for it's hourlies?:thumbup1:

hoser

Industrial Slob
Sups never disclose their personal salaries with each other or with hourly workers. I believe that is a UPS rule and they can terminate you...

I am not sure if the health plan is the same as you said "hourlies pay for..." Hourly workers do not pay nor do they have it deducted from their pay. Part of the Union contract is that UPS pays... So maybe you are paying for the same health care that UPS pays for it's hourlies?:thumbup1:
Union...dues?

And I never disclosed my potential salary to anyone....

CTOTH

Not retired, just tired
Union...dues?

Union dues are minimal though. At my real job, with 1 child, it would cost me $98 dollars a week for insurance. $150 with 2 children. I don't know how that compares with what sup and management have to kick in but I'd rather pay union dues personally.

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
HEY,
Loser, you picked the proper name. Your post was a creepy, stalker type of comment. The only thing you could probably explain is why you still live with you parents. If you are married, how do you explain this kind of post to your the one who puts up with your behavior.

sat driver was I hitting on you, NOT, if you cant enjoy a a good laugh once in a while, maybe you should UP your roid ointment!!!!!
Thanks diadlover for the back up!!!!
Some people need to get a life(satdriver)
This chump attacked me for no reason talk about creeps!!:confused:1

LKLND3380

Union...dues?

My Union dues are $5.25 and YTD I have paid $202.00 in dues...
I have insurance (medical, dental, eye) to cover a wife and a stepdaughter:thumbup1:

Florida is a Right To Work state and I did not have to join the Union... I would have the same benefits either way... I chose the Union because they protect my rights under the UPS AGREEMENT:thumbup: