New Peak-er trainee here.

BrianW

So... If I was an atheist, I would believe in hell. Kidding.

I just started last Monday and boy am I learning quick...

Here is my story...

Was told I would get a mall distribution job (im an air walker), was lied to. No job exists. Was told I would stay in my city, they wanted me in the next one. I had to remind them of this.

So I stayed in my city! Victory....and this is of course when they called me two hours before they said they would... So deal was, a driver would train me, would have to meet him or her out somewhere.... "Nah, come into the depo. We said no such thing" . So I did, barely got past the incompetent security.... Told them I work there, they barely let me past without a damn visitor tag...idiots..

So the guy who said he'd meet me and explain, totally wasn't there... Learned real quick despite my doe eyes and trust that you don't friend-ing trust people there who aren't drivers... So lied to, and jerked around and finally shoved into a van where another driver's helper trained me...other than being trained not to "friend up" which was constantly used, contacted the supers to request clarification on the situation, then asked " why are you out there! You were supposed to meet someone for training" explained of course what occured. He barely understood simple words...

End of story, worked 7 instead of 4 hours, quit today, going back in tomorrow. I'm going to give them one last shot... They don't care, they need me. I won't express the blatant violation of policy that I had to deal with tons.. Hint: smoking and my lungs second handedly.

So second attempt at training tomorow. Hope to hear from them, they said they'd call. I have left messages for HR, but they really don't care.

Every phone number leads to receptionist.. Btw, using an iPad.. I am fluent in English!

I don't know how, other than the workers, that a company can lie, cheat and ignore you and have idiots in management and not get busted by the government... AND THIS IS CANADA!

Thank god for the peak bonus, $75 a week I was told, if they lied I will take them to court the friend-ers.....

Fool me once... Fool me twice....no way!

So that concludes day 1. I have a soul and a good heart, no management for me. Especially when my IQ is over 140...

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
For someone who is on day one, you sure seem to know everything about how UPS works. Here's something you didn't know with your 140+ IQ....you mean nothing to UPS all you are is an ass in a seat moving boxes. They could care less if your expectations are met and most certainly know this, if you quit today they will have another ass in a seat to replace yours.

You must think that you are the almighty cure all UPS has been seeking out and that they would bend over backwards to please you. Hell, you just stated that you quit today but are going to "give them another chance tomorrow"...that's funny. Good luck with that!

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I have to agree with Scooby on this one. You are just a number, they don't care about you, or me. You aren't anything special, and they can replace you in a day or two. Just punch in, shut your mouth, work at your own pace and get paid. Nobody knows whats going at UPS and never will. The more you try to make sense of UPS the more pissed off you will get. UPS will never make sense, you are just there to get a pay check.

J

jibbs

You quit during training and plan to go in tomorrow to start over? Or did I read that wrong and you were just done for the day?

Basically, I just want to say that you probably shouldn't quit if you plan on continuing to show up at work.

Also, there are plenty of drivers that'll BS you just as hard as management or the PTer loading your work. Just because they've got that brown uniform on doesn't automatically make them good people, and the opposite holds just as true.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So... If I was an atheist, I would believe in hell. Kidding.

I just started last Monday and boy am I learning quick...

Here is my story...

Was told I would get a mall distribution job (im an air walker), was lied to. No job exists. Was told I would stay in my city, they wanted me in the next one. I had to remind them of this.

So I stayed in my city! Victory....and this is of course when they called me two hours before they said they would... So deal was, a driver would train me, would have to meet him or her out somewhere.... "Nah, come into the depo. We said no such thing" . So I did, barely got past the incompetent security.... Told them I work there, they barely let me past without a damn visitor tag...idiots..

So the guy who said he'd meet me and explain, totally wasn't there... Learned real quick despite my doe eyes and trust that you don't friend-ing trust people there who aren't drivers... So lied to, and jerked around and finally shoved into a van where another driver's helper trained me...other than being trained not to "friend up" which was constantly used, contacted the supers to request clarification on the situation, then asked " why are you out there! You were supposed to meet someone for training" explained of course what occured. He barely understood simple words...

End of story, worked 7 instead of 4 hours, quit today, going back in tomorrow. I'm going to give them one last shot... They don't care, they need me. I won't express the blatant violation of policy that I had to deal with tons.. Hint: smoking and my lungs second handedly.

So second attempt at training tomorow. Hope to hear from them, they said they'd call. I have left messages for HR, but they really don't care.

Every phone number leads to receptionist.. Btw, using an iPad.. I am fluent in English!

I don't know how, other than the workers, that a company can lie, cheat and ignore you and have idiots in management and not get busted by the government... AND THIS IS CANADA!

Thank god for the peak bonus, $75 a week I was told, if they lied I will take them to court the friend-ers.....

Fool me once... Fool me twice....no way!

So that concludes day 1. I have a soul and a good heart, no management for me. Especially when my IQ is over 140...
Wow....you certainly have a piss poor attitude for your first day of work. Here's a newsflash...no one gives a flying friend about your IQ. Show up to work on time, keep your eyes open and mouth shut and work your :censored2: off. Or quit and they'll replace you with someone who will. That's the bottom line.

BrianW

Wow... You totally took all I said out of context, I have a good attitude actually, and went in with one. I'm a hard worker and passionate about good customer service. I understand they don't give a :censored2: about me and that i'm replaceable. I'm there for the paycheque, nothing more.

You say I'm the piss poor attitude person, you old friend*cks are so beaten down and hard hearted, I'd be shocked if any of you knew how to be kind. I know about ups now, yes. I've read these forums, I understand their the Devils minions. You only prove that by how your talking to me and talked.

I don't give a :censored2: what you think of me assh*les, I'm here to do peak then leave in January... End of story.

If this is how you treat your own, regardless of the fact THEY are the ones that :censored2:ed up massively and your defending them! Wow, all of you are soulless and management material, congrats!

If this is how you treat your own, don't worry because maybe one day a trainee whom you insult and put down, oh and actually side with the company over your own... Maybe... One day...a new driver with a "piss poor attitude" such as myself because apparently you all know me by not meeting me so that gives you the right to judge....but maybe this driver might just have an accident and mow you tired old jackasses down and save the company some effort in trying to kill you... Correction... They've already killed your souls and spirits it seems, and it shows!

I may not know everything in this world, but I know enough from what I e seen and experienced to know that UPS stands for "Utter Piece of :censored2:".

What you guys say, doesn't matter. What they say doesn't matter. I do the job and get out, that's it. But I can't do the friend-ing job if they don't train me! Can't, I'd be useless to them. My point was they they can't even do that right apparently.

Karma my friends, carefull to whom you speak. Might bite you in the ass. I won't shed tears at your brown box funeral.

- End of Line -

J

jibbs

So I'm starting to think that 140 IQ was determined with an online test. Probably a link on Facebook, of the "Fit the circle into the circle-shaped shadow"-variety.. I'm thinking multiple choice with neat little pictures drawn out, and about nine questions before you get to the "Share" button.

-Beginning of line-

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Wow... You totally took all I said out of context, I have a good attitude actually, and went in with one. I'm a hard worker and passionate about good customer service. I understand they don't give a :censored2: about me and that i'm replaceable. I'm there for the paycheque, nothing more.

You say I'm the piss poor attitude person, you old friend*cks are so beaten down and hard hearted, I'd be shocked if any of you knew how to be kind. I know about ups now, yes. I've read these forums, I understand their the Devils minions. You only prove that by how your talking to me and talked.

I don't give a :censored2: what you think of me assh*les, I'm here to do peak then leave in January... End of story.

If this is how you treat your own, regardless of the fact THEY are the ones that :censored2:ed up massively and your defending them! Wow, all of you are soulless and management material, congrats!

If this is how you treat your own, don't worry because maybe one day a trainee whom you insult and put down, oh and actually side with the company over your own... Maybe... One day...a new driver with a "piss poor attitude" such as myself because apparently you all know me by not meeting me so that gives you the right to judge....but maybe this driver might just have an accident and mow you tired old jackasses down and save the company some effort in trying to kill you... Correction... They've already killed your souls and spirits it seems, and it shows!

I may not know everything in this world, but I know enough from what I e seen and experienced to know that UPS stands for "Utter Piece of :censored2:".

What you guys say, doesn't matter. What they say doesn't matter. I do the job and get out, that's it. But I can't do the friend-ing job if they don't train me! Can't, I'd be useless to them. My point was they they can't even do that right apparently.

Karma my friends, carefull to whom you speak. Might bite you in the ass. I won't shed tears at your brown box funeral.

- End of Line -
Good attitude? At no point during either of your ramblings did your good attitude shine through. You just one of many useless, self important seasonals. Try not to get lost between the PC and the front door.