New Pension Booklet says 100% at 62!

Mr. Marshall

The new booklet I received last month says that at 62 ( with at least 20 years) we will receive 100% of our accrued benefit. It used to be 65 for 100% and 6% less every year you retire earlier than that. Now it's 100% down to 62 and 94% at 61, 88% at 60... The online pension calculator isn't up to date because it takes it off each year before 65.
You got me excited as I had read this post the other day and then I received the book in the mail on Saturdayand saw the 62 and 100 percent number as well. Unfortunately, I then went to Upsers and ran the numbers on the retirement calculator and then hit the show how the calculations were done button and looked at the numbers and they only did the 6 percent reduction until age 62 so the numbers were correct. It's a 42 percent hit for retiring at 55 (which is the number I'm most interested in). The main page still lists "normal retirement" age as 65 but the calculations are correct assuming you have the 20 years in.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
We save and should be set when I can leave in 11 years. I'll be 55 and she'll only be 50, so if she can't retire with me, I told her I'd still work....on my golf handicap.
Hold on, fren.
From 39 to 50 she will turn into… “ OMG! Who is this hell? The wonder years of menopause.
It’s when men pause and think you’re really in hell.
A time of deep reflection is coming. Should I bang the 25 year old? Is giving her two thirds of everything and half my pension worth it? Many a good man have answered yes to these questions and more. Golf handicap? Probably. You may be wheelchair bound after she severs your spine with a one iron.