New Policy Phasing PT'ers Out?

dezguy

You must either be on the West coast or in the middle of nowhere. AM sort in my station usually starts about 0600 and our counter closes at 2145. We have to have two different shifts.
I've worked in large, medium and small stations. Even locations that had fo service, the people who had fo routes woukd come back for stuff after the main sort, run a half route with pups.

McFeely

Huge Member
My station actually has a PT pup route/PM sort position listed right now on JCATS.

So I don't think they're trying to get rid of these PTers at least in my station.

McFeely

Huge Member
I'm in Mnt time zone must RTB by 1745. Am sort starts around 0700

Roughly the same at my station. It's possible to do a 10-hour route at my station including AM sort, deliveries, pup route, and PM sort.

In mgmt's infinite wisdom, they got rid of the 4-10s and elected to have PTers do the pup routes and the PM sorts. Problem is, they can't keep anybody as a PTer. So now all the swings run P1 overflow then go on break for 4 hours then do pup routes.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I always say I don't know how we can possibly be in the business of "the world on time" when we seem to have the slowest computer system on the planet.

Star B

White Lightening
The old stations are connected via a T1. When the managers have youtube open and the 80th new handler in a month is doing DG training, there isn't much bandwidth available for eOps to load.

Star B

White Lightening
Oh yeah. I remember having DUAL T1s at a place I worked at. We even bonded them to make one SUPER ULTRA MEGA 3Mbit connection. All for 600 a month... 300 each line