New Policy Phasing PT'ers Out?

!Retired!

I am sitting here at home in my sleep pants and T-shirt. I went to UPSers earlier this morning to check my pay stub, verified the total hours against the numbers in the time card viewer, found them to be correct and then updated my checking account on Quicken.

I will go to work in a few hours and watch the lesser informed scramble around for their pay checks and even watch some run off to the bank before start time.

Paperless direct deposit with the ability to view our stubs and hours online cannot be beat.
We can check our pay from home also. Most people choose not to infom themselves how it's done.
Lol. Thank you! See how far behind FedEx is?
Behind what? I check my hours/check amount every Wednesday.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Not my problem you keep making shiat up. Just man up and admit your wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

I said the overall point was one thing, and that a major focus which goes along with it. Like I said, your inability to comprehend simple English isn't my problem.

Oldfart

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I forgot about the ADT site. What about the other things?
You can check your pension info at Retirement.fdx.com. All the employee discounts on on the intranet at work. Cheap hotel info on Global Travel. Can't all be accessed from home but they are there for those that want to know.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It is also a problem of scale. If you think micro, like your station... "Oh, that should be EAAAASY". Adjust your viewpoint and zoom out. What you will see is the massive amount of transactions that take place per second and trying to keep everything synchronized is a challenge.

There is also the challenge of offline powerpads, cellular blackholes, and the programming of the PPAD itself. The delivery/pup part of the powerpad isn't a live system. It is a batch system with quick transmit times. That allows it to float in and out of cellular coverage without causing too much headache for the driver. Now... dispatch is a live system and anyone who works out in the sticks knows of the pain trying to clear in a marginal signal area.

If no one else appreciates the insight you bring with posts like this, I certainly do.

SmithBarney

It's called ADOPT and has been in place in this area for a while. Pickups ready by 1400 in AA areas will usually go to the delivery courier in that area.

As it should be, AM drivers complaining, we have a few who do, but they are the ones who are topped out and love punching out at 7hrs, honestly we should be driving to have less vehicles on the road.. DEL/PUP combo routes should be the norm, with a few heavy industrials being the exception

SmithBarney

Form the different stations I've been it has really been different from what the district wants from them. Some don't care about overtime some do. Really seems to boil down in the larger stations to being on a report or something.

Who knows we have PTers getting 35-40hrs, and FTers getting guarantee pay..

dezguy

This whole dedicated delivery or pup route is foreign to me. Never, at any station I've ever worked, have I seen dedicated routes like that.

Sparky

This whole dedicated delivery or pup route is foreign to me. Never, at any station I've ever worked, have I seen dedicated routes like that.
When the last shuttles leave after 2000 or in my old station 2150... On some routes here you will run out of hours before half of your PUPs are ready.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You must either be on the West coast or in the middle of nowhere. AM sort in my station usually starts about 0600 and our counter closes at 2145. We have to have two different shifts.