New Policy Phasing PT'ers Out?

Star B

White Lightening
I never understood why dispatched oncalls can't communicate with the manifest that builds on your powerpad when you van scan. If your powerpad shows a del still on the truck to be del and a ready oncall comes across for the same stop, send that pu to the del courier and he can pick it up when making the delivery.

Because FedEx technology is and has always been behind the times.

It is also a problem of scale. If you think micro, like your station... "Oh, that should be EAAAASY". Adjust your viewpoint and zoom out. What you will see is the massive amount of transactions that take place per second and trying to keep everything synchronized is a challenge.

There is also the challenge of offline powerpads, cellular blackholes, and the programming of the PPAD itself. The delivery/pup part of the powerpad isn't a live system. It is a batch system with quick transmit times. That allows it to float in and out of cellular coverage without causing too much headache for the driver. Now... dispatch is a live system and anyone who works out in the sticks knows of the pain trying to clear in a marginal signal area.

Look, they can't get address standardization working well at Express. Once they figure out how to make ROADS extract apartment/office suite numbers reliably, let's give them something else to chew on.

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It is also a problem of scale. If you think micro, like your station... "Oh, that should be EAAAASY". Adjust your viewpoint and zoom out. What you will see is the massive amount of transactions that take place per second and trying to keep everything synchronized is a challenge.

There is also the challenge of offline powerpads, cellular blackholes, and the programming of the PPAD itself. The delivery/pup part of the powerpad isn't a live system. It is a batch system with quick transmit times. That allows it to float in and out of cellular coverage without causing too much headache for the driver. Now... dispatch is a live system and anyone who works out in the sticks knows of the pain trying to clear in a marginal signal area.

Look, they can't get address standardization working well at Express. Once they figure out how to make ROADS extract apartment/office suite numbers reliably, let's give them something else to chew on.
There are a lot of things they can't get working right at FedEx, such as the electronic timeclocks, or the CRR. Do you know that UPS has a website called UPSers.com where employees can check their weekly check, hours, as well as other things, from their HOME? My station management made a big deal out of handing out a flyer last week explaining how we can now check our hours, schedule and other things, but only from a FedEx computer. Why not have something like what UPS has for their employees?

@Turdferguson or @Brownslave688, what other things can you guys access on UPSers.com?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
There are a lot of things they can't get working right at FedEx, such as the electronic timeclocks, or the CRR. Do you know that UPS has a website called UPSers.com where employees can check their weekly check, hours, as well as other things, from their HOME? My station management made a big deal out of handing out a flyer last week explaining how we can now check our hours, schedule and other things, but only from a FedEx computer. Why not have something like what UPS has for their employees?

@Turdferguson or @Brownslave688, what other things can you guys access on UPSers.com?

Pension calculator, DOT forms, News about new services, time off viewer, shipping discount, list of employee discounts, status of sales leads

Oldfart

Checking those pay numbers isn't that big of deal. Unless you are on vacation, why can't you look at them at work. It is nice technology but just doesn't do much for me.

MassWineGuy

One: Yes, the stated point of reducing pm driver hours is because am drivers will pick up on calls that are ready earlier in the day. Not a bad idea.

Two: Every time I use a FedEx computer it's very frustrating. The company's system is antiquated.

Oldfart

One: Yes, the stated point of reducing pm driver hours is because am drivers will pick up on calls that are ready earlier in the day. Not a bad idea.

Two: Every time I use a FedEx computer it's very frustrating. The company's system is antiquated.
Yep Signing into the green screen and typing "hrspaid" and the word "checks" is very difficult to master. Might just be operator error.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Checking those pay numbers isn't that big of deal. Unless you are on vacation, why can't you look at them at work. It is nice technology but just doesn't do much for me.

I am sitting here at home in my sleep pants and T-shirt. I went to UPSers earlier this morning to check my pay stub, verified the total hours against the numbers in the time card viewer, found them to be correct and then updated my checking account on Quicken.

I will go to work in a few hours and watch the lesser informed scramble around for their pay checks and even watch some run off to the bank before start time.

Paperless direct deposit with the ability to view our stubs and hours online cannot be beat.

It will be fine

I am sitting here at home in my sleep pants and T-shirt. I went to UPSers earlier this morning to check my pay stub, verified the total hours against the numbers in the time card viewer, found them to be correct and then updated my checking account on Quicken.

I will go to work in a few hours and watch the lesser informed scramble around for their pay checks and even watch some run off to the bank before start time.

Paperless direct deposit with the ability to view our stubs and hours online cannot be beat.
Even my employees can do that much from home.

McFeely

Huge Member
Express employees can look at their paystubs from home too. I do it every week.

I would love to be able to see my work schedule on a personal computer, however. Especially nice when you're on vacation and you have no idea what time you start when you come back.

Oldfart

My direct deposit is showing in my bank account every Wednesday afternoon. It isn't deposited but shows as "pending". I haven't had a paper check since Reagan was in office. Nothing earth shattering there.

We can verify my hours paid on Tue. from work. I never registered but I understand you can get on the ADP website and see pay information on line from your home computer.

Our weekly schedule is pretty much routine, so not much to see online. Our swings all come in at the same time. They pretty much decide what route they run on a day to day basis. Some feel more comfortable on certain routes and the managers let them work that out. As long as there is a butt in the seat, the managers don't care whose butt it is. I know when my vacation is so I don't need to see a schedule.

Damon18

You can view your check anywhere. There's an app for that ;) All you need to do is register with ADP. Its called ADP iPay Registration You can do it through the fdx intranet portal at work. You just need the registration number, which I won't give here. Once you're registered you can download the app. I get push notifications every Tuesday night when the check is up.

Star B

White Lightening
Yep Signing into the green screen and typing "hrspaid" and the word "checks" is very difficult to master. Might just be operator error.
It's difficult to master if you have never been taught it. I'm not about to go poking around FAMIS without some basic training.

Sparky

I still don't have access to half the computers here, if it's the standard Windows login I'm fine, but if they use that other screen, the computer is useless to me unless someone else logs in first

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I still don't have access to half the computers here, if it's the standard Windows login I'm fine, but if they use that other screen, the computer is useless to me unless someone else logs in first
I hope u get better at talking

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It's difficult to master if you have never been taught it. I'm not about to go poking around FAMIS without some basic training.
It's no big deal if you poke around. If you go somewhere you shouldn't be, you will get a message saying something like "you are not authorized to perform this function". No alarms or bells will go off. Lol.