New preload supervisor harrassing me

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
Im a young woman working preload for almost a year now. I have two months to go. We recently got a new full time and part time sup on our boxline. The full time is alright. The part time sup i thought was cool too but he has been coming after me since day one.

His last interaction with me was him standing at my set constantly asking me to put irregs in my truck that i had no space for and to pull from my cages the way he wanted to. I complied and always responded with "ok" because i just didnt want any issues. Mind you the urge to rip him a new one slowly growing.
Hes just about been told off by everyone hes bothered with the exception of me and maybe 1 other loader.

Later in the morning i have 3 packed cages back to back and about 6 or more empty ones behind them. So i pulled the cages and stacked the boxes inside the trucks. Our supervisors have allowed us to do this since i started. They encouraged it. I didnt think it was a problem. 3 empty cages later ive loaded 2 out of 3 trucks that i internally stacked and go to work on the 3rd one when he steps into my truck demanding to know why i stacked. I told him i had packed cages and needed to pull everything. He repeats himself and asks me again adding that he will wait for an answer. So i just repeated myself and then walked away to continue loading my last truck.
When im about to shelf my last box he stops me and tells me to leave it and follow him into an office where he proceeded to tell me and my union rep that i had stacked all day and hes been repeatedly asking me not to. So he wrote me a warning letter with no conditions. I continued to bite my tongue.

Ive dealt with harassment in the past and at this point knew yelling is what they want. They feed off of it and try using it against you.
My biggest issue is he not once told me not to stack, any time he asked me to do something i did it. And regardless he felt a need to discipline me. I especially dont appreciate him talking down to me like im his child and im at least 2 months older than him.

km3

Im a young woman working preload for almost a year now. I have two months to go. We recently got a new full time and part time sup on our boxline. The full time is alright. The part time sup i thought was cool too but he has been coming after me since day one.

His last interaction with me was him standing at my set constantly asking me to put irregs in my truck that i had no space for and to pull from my cages the way he wanted to. I complied and always responded with "ok" because i just didnt want any issues. Mind you the urge to rip him a new one slowly growing.
Hes just about been told off by everyone hes bothered with the exception of me and maybe 1 other loader.

Later in the morning i have 3 packed cages back to back and about 6 or more empty ones behind them. So i pulled the cages and stacked the boxes inside the trucks. Our supervisors have allowed us to do this since i started. They encouraged it. I didnt think it was a problem. 3 empty cages later ive loaded 2 out of 3 trucks that i internally stacked and go to work on the 3rd one when he steps into my truck demanding to know why i stacked. I told him i had packed cages and needed to pull everything. He repeats himself and asks me again adding that he will wait for an answer. So i just repeated myself and then walked away to continue loading my last truck.
When im about to shelf my last box he stops me and tells me to leave it and follow him into an office where he proceeded to tell me and my union rep that i had stacked all day and hes been repeatedly asking me not to. So he wrote me a warning letter with no conditions. I continued to bite my tongue.

Ive dealt with harassment in the past and at this point knew yelling is what they want. They feed off of it and try using it against you.
My biggest issue is he not once told me not to stack, any time he asked me to do something i did it. And regardless he felt a need to discipline me. I especially dont appreciate him talking down to me like im his child and im at least 2 months older than him.

I would just respectfully ask him not to harass you, and tell him that if he continues you would like a union steward present. If he continues, start grieving. Do not yell at him under any circumstances. It just weakens your case.

As for how he wants you to work, vs. how you usually work, ask him to give you a demonstration. Then do it the way he does it. If you get backed up, that's their problem, not yours.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
Seriously start taking alot of poop breaks. This will drive them up the wall. If that doesn’t work start filing everytime he/they touch a package while not training a new person. Over

JustDeliverIt

I would just respectfully ask him not to harass you, and tell him that if he continues you would like a union steward present. If he continues, start grieving. Do not yell at him under any circumstances. It just weakens your case.

As for how he wants you to work, vs. how you usually work, ask him to give you a demonstration. Then do it the way he does it. If you get backed up, that's their problem, not yours.

As a former preload steward, this is great advice. Work as directed, as long as it is safe for you and your fellow employees. If they don't want you to stack, then don't. Work to the best of your ability to load what you can, the cages will be around again. As for the irregs, put in what you can as long as you have a safe path completely through the truck. If he wants you to start filling it up with irregs while you still have packages to load, tell him that it would be unsafe to do so. If he continues to tell you to, ask for a steward.
Don't get into any fight with him, it's never worth it and always works against you even if you're right.

Hazard

As a former preload steward, this is great advice. Work as directed, as long as it is safe for you and your fellow employees. If they don't want you to stack, then don't. Work to the best of your ability to load what you can, the cages will be around again. As for the irregs, put in what you can as long as you have a safe path completely through the truck. If he wants you to start filling it up with irregs while you still have packages to load, tell him that it would be unsafe to do so. If he continues to tell you to, ask for a steward.
Don't get into any fight with him, it's never worth it and always works against you even if you're right.
Would you know if all shifts are supposed to have a steward?

Daf

I would grieve the warning letter. And also grieve for harassment. I’m going to guess that this sup isn’t giving out warning letters to everyone who is doing anything wrong.

john chesney

Either file about 6 grievances on everything and anything or when he’s telling you to put :censored2: where you can’t take a dive and demand an ambulance

john chesney

File sexual harassment grievance on him. That will get everyone involved. They really don’t like those. Opens the company up to huge liabilities

MarvelousMunata

I would grieve the warning letter. And also grieve for harassment. I’m going to guess that this sup isn’t giving out warning letters to everyone who is doing anything wrong.
Sure enough when i returned to my set. I was the only one who didnt have boxes outside my trucks on either side of the boxline. I stacked once and it was all inside the trucks.
After having me in an office for at least 15 minutes, the same sup sent me someone to pull my cages and stack boxes outside me trucks for a few cages worth....inside i was screaming

MarvelousMunata

Thank you both, Ill give it a go.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
....i just realized im the only female loader
tenor.gif

john chesney

Sure enough when i returned to my set. I was the only one who didnt have boxes outside my trucks on either side of the boxline. I stacked once and it was all inside the trucks.
After having me in an office for at least 15 minutes, the same sup sent me someone to pull my cages and stack boxes outside me trucks for a few cages worth....inside i was screaming
He better hope to god he didn’t have you in that office alone or you might be the new owner of ups. Was union steward in there or some witness? Taking a female in the office alone would be the end of his job if you said anything not appropriate happened

cachmeifucan

Call ups help line 1800 or 1888 220 4126. It's a outside entity that's replies to corporate ups. Document everything times dates verbatim get witnesses. Work smart not hard and use all company rules of safety

MarvelousMunata

He better hope to god he didn’t have you in that office alone or you might be the new owner of ups. Was union steward in there or some witness? Taking a female in the office alone would be the end of his job if you said anything not appropriate happened
No, this time it was a union rep.
The last time a male sup took me into the office he called a female sup to come in with him.